Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

when to test?? *UPDATED*

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ok, so i know the most logical answer as to when to test is after i miss a period.. but, heres why thats not an option for me...

My daughter is 13 months old and i have not had a period since i had her.. well the last month or so she has started to wean herself..she has went from nursing about 6 -8 times a day to 2 or 3 times a day.. i believe that i ovulated not this past sunday but the one before(the 17th) i had the egg white stretchy discharge and cramping in my lower abdomen...DH and i had sex the friday and saturday before, on sunday and the monday after.. so, if i was ovulating then..i believe i would be 10dpo today, when is the soonest i could test and get a bfp if i am pregnant?

Update: i took a test this morning, it was a BFN.. its only been 12 DPO so im going to restest in a few days.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk, get cheap ones and do it all the time lol.

Are you trying or just curious?
rayroe2
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Deer test you most likely are.
stacy2607
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I got one today, im gonna test tomorrow.yes, we are trying :)

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Idk, get cheap ones and do it all the time lol.

Are you trying or just curious?

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Test 2 weeks after you think you ovulated.

stacy2607
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Thats what i was thinking..i bought 2 tests today, im gonna take one tomorrow morning..i will be 12 dpo..then im gonna take the other on sunday, i will be 14 dpo.

Quoting stepconfused182:

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Personally, I would wait until Sunday to avoid disappointment. Your levels won't likely be high enough 12 days after ovulating. Sometimes it takes up to a week for fertilization to even take place. But regardless of when you dedice to test, I wish you tons of luck!!! I just got a positive test last Friday.... unexpected but a pleasant surprise. :)

Quoting stacy2607:

Thats what i was thinking..i bought 2 tests today, im gonna take one tomorrow morning..i will be 12 dpo..then im gonna take the other on sunday, i will be 14 dpo.

Quoting stepconfused182:

stacy2607
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Thank You!! :)
Congrats on your BFP!!

Quoting stepconfused182:

Personally, I would wait until Sunday to avoid disappointment. Your levels won't likely be high enough 12 days after ovulating. Sometimes it takes up to a week for fertilization to even take place. But regardless of when you dedice to test, I wish you tons of luck!!! I just got a positive test last Friday.... unexpected but a pleasant surprise. :)

Quoting stacy2607:

Quoting stepconfused182:

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I hope to be able to say the same to you soon :)

Quoting stacy2607:

Thank You!! :)
Congrats on your BFP!!

Quoting stepconfused182:

Quoting stacy2607:

Quoting stepconfused182:

rayroe2
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Update!!!
stacy2607
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I will be testing tomorrow morning

Quoting rayroe2:

Update!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)