Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

my lil great grandbaby needs diapers where and how do i get some for little or no money?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM
  • 65 Replies

this lil baby was born DECEMBER 12 2012.............. i couldnt seem to upload the baby's picture but will try later. His mom is barely 17 and stuggling. Just thought may that maybe someone here would have some advice. I am disabled and dont make much money - thank u for your input.

Janice Paige ............. Texas

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Some churches will help you out if they have the stuff available. We have several in our area that run food banks and they advertise for needing donations of food and personal care items like diapers and shampoo and stuff like that so I'm guessing that they give it out as well.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

She can apply for government assistance. 

askyourmother
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Apply for assistance. Ask the dad for help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rae706
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Try MUST ministries. 

audreesmama
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Where is this child's father?
agrisham13mom
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Apply for government assistance, church's, dr offices will give diapers formula and samples of meds if asked, Salvation Army.. Best wishes and good luck!
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Cloth diapers.

She can diaper from birth to potty training for under $100. That would be the smartest bet for her.

Here is the link to buy them. Do you have other friends or family members who could all chip in to help her?

agrisham13mom
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM
4 moms liked this
I am guessing this baby was unplanned, and just because of that doesn't mean she should have to either have an abortion or adoption. There are resources I could very well say the same for ignorant people! A child knows no money value only that of love! My mother had me at 15 years old and both her and my grandmother struggled financially to provide for me, but I never knew those struggles until my adulthood I only remember being loved and cared for.

Quoting atlmom2:

I feel bad for the baby. Why do people have kids they can't even pay for diapers for??
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this
We are just a world of irresponsible people now. Someone else will just take care of them.

Quoting agrisham13mom:

I am guessing this baby was unplanned, and just because of that doesn't mean she should have to either have an abortion or adoption. There are resources I could very well say the same for ignorant people! A child knows no money value only that of love! My mother had me at 15 years old and both her and my grandmother struggled financially to provide for me, but I never knew those struggles until my adulthood I only remember being loved and cared for.

Quoting atlmom2:

I feel bad for the baby. Why do people have kids they can't even pay for diapers for??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
agrisham13mom
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Hmmm.... So should we go back to the days of sending pregnant teens to the convent and ripping their child from their arms? Placing the child in GOVERNMENT homes until an adoption or adulthood??

Quoting atlmom2:

We are just a world of irresponsible people now. Someone else will just take care of them.

Quoting agrisham13mom:

Quoting atlmom2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)