Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

would you or have you tried..

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

The Dr oz green coffee weight loss pills?  What do you think about it and does it actually work.  I would love to lose 20-30 lbs(I am at 150)  I work a full time job and a part time job so for the most part the only exercise I get is moving around at work and playing with a two and three year old.  I have been eating healthy but the weight just will not come off

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darcibeisheim
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM

i tried them... lost 10 pounds right away and gained it back the next week

df lost not a single pound and actually gained weight

Serenity1613
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I am in the same boat. Haven't tried those pills though. Right now I trying a diet through Advocare. Helps with energy and suppressing the appetite and I can feel a difference already. We'll see if any results follow. You can go to www.advocare.com if you want to check it out. Good luck! I know I need it. Lol.

PEPGRLS22
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Did you stop taking them after the second week or did you continue for a bit longer and still stopped losing/gaining weight?

Quoting darcibeisheim:

i tried them... lost 10 pounds right away and gained it back the next week

df lost not a single pound and actually gained weight

rbailey2414
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Haven't tried them :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Nope.

I do Shakeology and at home workouts (TurboJam).  I work full-time too and it's worked out great. 

PEPGRLS22
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Thank you and good luck to you as well. Unfortunately I just ordered them and now scared that I just wasted $50

Quoting Serenity1613:

I am in the same boat. Haven't tried those pills though. Right now I trying a diet through Advocare. Helps with energy and suppressing the appetite and I can feel a difference already. We'll see if any results follow. You can go to www.advocare.com if you want to check it out. Good luck! I know I need it. Lol.

PEPGRLS22
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I work from 7:30am to about 10:30pm on most days  I do have off on Sundays and every otherSaturdays(sucks) so do you think that kind of workout will be affective doing it sporadically

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Nope.

I do Shakeology and at home workouts (TurboJam).  I work full-time too and it's worked out great. 

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Not me I did a lifestyle change instead.  Lost 20 lbs in the first month and have lost 55 lbs total since June.  I'm down from a size 14 to a size 4.  I have never in my life been a size 4!  I'm healthier than ever too.  I'm no longer on thyroid medication and my autimmune disease is going away :)

Hubby lost 40 lbs.  I have a friend who lost 60 lbs and has also seen drastic improvements in her fibromyalga.  Another friend down 20 lbs in her first month.

We all feel so amazing we have no desire to go back to our old lives.

PEPGRLS22
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM

What kind of life style changes did you make, sounds like it worked for you:)

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Not me I did a lifestyle change instead.  Lost 20 lbs in the first month and have lost 55 lbs total since June.  I'm down from a size 14 to a size 4.  I have never in my life been a size 4!  I'm healthier than ever too.  I'm no longer on thyroid medication and my autimmune disease is going away :)

Hubby lost 40 lbs.  I have a friend who lost 60 lbs and has also seen drastic improvements in her fibromyalga.  Another friend down 20 lbs in her first month.

We all feel so amazing we have no desire to go back to our old lives.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Those are some long days!

If you can fit in about 30 minutes, it would work.  The key to anything with losing weight though is being consistent and keeping at it.  We actually also have a 10 minute workout program that many love and swear by that has been really effective. 

Quoting PEPGRLS22:

I work from 7:30am to about 10:30pm on most days  I do have off on Sundays and every otherSaturdays(sucks) so do you think that kind of workout will be affective doing it sporadically

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Nope.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)