Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I lost my temper

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

this morning i lost my temper with my son. every little thing he did was just irritating me. first of all, it's that time of the month. second, i was just so tired. still, it's no excuse the way i acted & to make it worse, after i yelled at him, he looked up at me with his eyes full of tears & asked "why are you being so mean to me?" my heart just sank & I felt horrible! i almost cried. i hugged him & told him i was so sorry for acting that way. i couldn't even explain to him why & even if i could it would justify what i did. i feel like a really bad mommy cause my kids love me unconditionally & i act like that. it's like i have no patience anymore. i want to know, is there a way to get my patience back?? i'll try anything just so i don't act like that towards my kids anymore! i love my babies & i don't want to be a mean mommy!

by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yellownes8
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I've done this before and felt like such an asshole after. I have 3 kids (ages 3, 2, 10 months) and sometimes my oldest literally brings me to my breaking point. I think since she's the oldest I just expect her to behave the best but she's only 3 and sometimes I forget that. If I feel myself starting to get too upset I just go in the bathroom for a few minutes with the door shut and breathe!!! Don't feel bad...it happens to the best of us!!! Is there anyone that can help you get away for even an hour or 2? Sometimes just going to the grocery store alone is all I need to restore some of my sanity...lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Find a way to release your frustration, get a punching bag, go to a gym or go for a run. I recently joined a gym mainly to help loose weight and tone up, and I find myself wanting to go all the time now because the release of frustration I can't seem to get anywhere else. I've found since I started going I'm much more patient with my 2 year old, and seem less stressed in general. I sleep much better and feel better in general.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know how to get to the wizard of oz for patience, but not feeling well due to lack of sleep and hormones is something I have experience with. I try to drink lots of water and I take vitamins. Drinking juice is also a good way to keep your energy and your mood up so that it takes more to piss you off. It's not a miracle cure by any means, but it helps me. I also tell my daughter when I'm starting to get angry with her. This usually get her to stop doing whatever it is that she's doing before I start yelling. It doesn't do anything at night when she's cranky, but it works all day.
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

It happens! We all have lost our temper with our kids! It is completely normal-it is all part of being human. It will happen again too! Plus kids know how to play us with tears, sad faces and words. You are not a mean mom!

mommyof20813
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

this exactly except my kids are 4years old and 2 months lol and both are boys!

Quoting yellownes8:

I've done this before and felt like such an asshole after. I have 3 kids (ages 3, 2, 10 months) and sometimes my oldest literally brings me to my breaking point. I think since she's the oldest I just expect her to behave the best but she's only 3 and sometimes I forget that. If I feel myself starting to get too upset I just go in the bathroom for a few minutes with the door shut and breathe!!! Don't feel bad...it happens to the best of us!!! Is there anyone that can help you get away for even an hour or 2? Sometimes just going to the grocery store alone is all I need to restore some of my sanity...lol.

emmy526
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

i think we all do that at least once...i know i did...then i apologized to the kids for losing my temper and speaking without thinking.  It makes a big difference to a kid if a parent can apologize too. 

Zazayam
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Taking about a half an hour a day for quiet mommy only time helps me a LOT. I have to either wake up early or stay up late for it, but I find it's really worth it.

I usually get up early and go outside to watch the world wake up, and just breathe.

Happens to everyone mama, don't feel bad :)

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Besides stress relieving measures? You could try St. Johns Wort. It's supposed to help. There are tons of herbals out there and if you find a good phamracist he or she can recommend a lot of things that will help you to take the edge off and relax better! I have an amazing regular drug pharmacist who has also gotten an education in homeopathics and she's AMAZING for anything  you don't want to take meds for. 

kiin1228
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:12 AM

yea i can get away during the day, that's no problem. this happened early in the morning while getting ready for school. it's good to know i'm not the only one! i still feel bad for it though.  

kiin1228
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:14 AM

ty everybody for the support & advice! i think i will try working out & taking vitamins as well. i think that might be part of my problem there. i'm unhealthy! maybe that'll help! ty again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN