Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

for those who are married

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:30 AM
  • 68 Replies
How did you that your s.o. was the "right one"?
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mybabysmama35
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:56 AM
4 moms liked this

I realized he was the one when I couldn't stop thinking about him and when I seen him I felt so happy. When we would hold hands or kiss I would get butterflies in my stomach. I could see us growing old together and I had never felt that way about any other guy. April 22nd will be our 18th anniversary and he still gives me butterflies!! :)

jojo_star
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I just did. I felt safe and cared for and protected with him, I was attracted to him, he was an amazing father, and I just knew he was the man I was meant to be with. 

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:19 AM
3 moms liked this
I didn't. I still don't know if I'm going to be with him forever. But I'm happy being with him now. That may seem terrible to other people, but I truly don't know how the future will turn out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:27 AM
1 mom liked this

its hard to explain but i simply felt my world shift in to place with my soon to be husband by my side. i know on a deep spiritual level it was right

Swt7
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:59 AM
He was and is God sent because he has the exact character and features I always wanted from a man.
~~GOD BLESS YOU**
JC2223
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

It's just a feeling...and innate knowledge that can't be explained. You just know. If you question it, feel unsure, have reservations, etc...then he's probably not "the one". When you know...you know!

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I just knew. Totally overwhelming feeling for someone in 4th grade who doesn't even like boys. But I didn't see him again after that first day.
In high school we met again and once again instant attraction. It wasn't until after we started dating that we discovered it was each other in elementary school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM
He quoted a movie that i loved and made me giggle a lot. He was patient, supportive and i wanted to be the best me that i could be for him and with his support (emotional) i got my masters degree while working full time which was really hard! Lol
He is my friend... My best friend.
Butterflies and attraction was not the key for me to knowing.. That just said "desire"... And desire, to me, was fleeting. True friendship, true caring, true support for each other --- is what has carried us thru deaths of parents, cancer, a child with a disability and a major home renovation with love and reapect for each other.
Together there is nothing we cant get through.
We have been married for 15 years.
MinglingMom
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I just knew. It was a very different feeling compared to what I felt with all of the other guys that I had dated. The more time we spent together, the more I knew.

rayroe2
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)