Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Family is giving me a hard time for planning a vacation with my fiancé

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a very tight knit family. Every year we go on a big vacation together. This year, we downsized from the usual Disney world and universal vacation because of money, conflicting schedules, and a pregnancy. We usually do our vacation around spring break. My fiancé and I decided we want to take my son to Disney in September when it's not as crowded. When we first started planning, my cousin who has a son the same age as mine mentioned that she wanted to take him as well. I invited her to join us bc I thought it would be nice to have another couple come along. Well, she decided she had to bring our spoiled brat of a niece. She's 9 and I honestly can't stand her bc she's so disrespectful. But anyway, I mentioned that I was planning the vacation for when school was in session so it wouldn't be crowded and we could focus on our toddlers. Everyone gave me hell for being mean to the brat. Turns out, my cousin is pregnant and can't go anyway. Now everyone is upset that I'm still planning to go and that I'm not planning to include the brat. Am I being mean?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Replies (31-32):
liliem
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:43 AM

NO WAY!!! They are being mean. Why would you take someone with you on YOUR VACATION that is not part of your immediate family? That's weird. They are just trying to pressure you but I would kindly decline and not worry about it. You are supposed to relax and have a good time on your vacation, not work and be miserable...

bcauseimthemom
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Nope.  It is your vacation with your DF and your son, you don't have to take anyone else's child....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN