Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Who thinks ppl should have limited amounts if kids??

Posted by   + Show Post
Just a thought that came to mind and wanted to know your guys' opinions. Lol frankly the population isn't getting any smaller unless an apocalypse does happen. Lol I think ppl should only have up to two kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
emelymac
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I think people should have as many kids as they want as long as they can afford them without PA. However, if you decide to have a buttload of kids do not even think of complaining to me. lol I probably will end up being a bit curt. 

Delta.Dawn
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I am on #3 and plan on a 4th and final in the future. My kids are 6 yrs apart and I plan on keeping it that way.

MJP76
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:57 AM

This.

Quoting GOBryan:

I think people should have as many kids as they want provided that they can care for them on their own, without being a career P.A. recipient. 

EmmaGlenn20
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you. I don't think you're a bad person if you have more than two children however...it's not very socially conscious. Oh well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilblu399
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM
So you want to follow China's example? Those who don't comply gets a forced abortion?
I think more education about our depleting resources and allowing free access to birth control would help.
I also want to add that people in different areas consume more or less of resources based on what's available. A family of 7 in the poorest areas of Africa would use way less compared to the average 4 person U.S. family

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kazmira222
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Well what if ppl had to get "fixed" after a certain amount. Then abortipns wouldn't be needed. There just thoughts. Lol

Quoting lilblu399:

So you want to follow China's example? Those who don't comply gets a forced abortion?

I think more education about our depleting resources and allowing free access to birth control would help.

I also want to add that people in different areas consume more or less of resources based on what's available. A family of 7 in the poorest areas of Africa would use way less compared to the average 4 person U.S. family

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I think so long as they can provide for their kids and not rely on welfare, as well as have time for all of them then they should be able to have however many they want.

elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Who are you going to "fix"? Mom or dad?
Let's say dad. Guy has a baby with a young lady and then they break up. He finds the love of his life, marries, and has another baby. Do we "fix " him? And now lady with her hubby only gets to have 1?
Or maybe it's mom. So dad can go out and have 2 kids with 87 different women... He gets to have 174 kids but us ladies only get 2 max?
It's a ridiculous suggestion that will only lead to secrecy, inadequate medical care, and murder (just look at Chinese girls getting left to die because it would screw up the families quota!) the whole argument is ludicrous!

Quoting Kazmira222:

Well what if ppl had to get "fixed" after a certain amount. Then abortipns wouldn't be needed. There just thoughts. Lol

Quoting lilblu399:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tranla
by Elisabeth on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I'd love to see people limit themselves, but population limit laws are likely to have bad consequences. Having a license required would help. Also anyone proven abusive or neglectful to the children they already have should be sterilized so they can't have more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bellmont
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PinkParadox:

As a side note, I also think you should have to take classes and acquire a license to have each child. Some people obviously should not be parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN