Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

This worries me and I need some help. SOMEONE PLEASE.

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:58 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
I been getting so hungry lately that, I get so sick I don;t want to eat and just try and throw up, even though I have nothing in my stomach. I don't want to drink anything either. When I do try to eat the smell of the food gets me so sick. It makes my stomach upset and I'm in the bathroom. Not throwing up though. This scares me and I really don't want to be put in teh hospital for not feeding the baby and me. Someone please help. I don't know if it's just me or this has happen to other people. Also almost everytime I eat, I get diarrhea. I don't know if that's normal either. I think I'm about a month along. Forgot to mention this. I can't go to the doctor yet because my insurance doesn't cover pregnancy. I can't apply for medicaid in the state I am current;y staying in because I don't recieve mail here. I will be moving back into my state in about a month. My husband is a pipe liner so we move all the time.
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:01 PM

you do need to see a dr tho...suppose you are dehydrating and don't know it?  Wouldn't you rather get proper medical care rather than risking you and your baby's health?  I've had a preg. in which i was nauseous all nine months...was told to take mylanta, nothing really helped other than eating bland foods, and an extremely dairy rich diet, which is still belive contributed to my dd's dairy allergy for her first three years.  You could also have a virus....go get checked for your safety, and the baby's too.  Good luck.

Tatiana7
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:02 PM
You need some help. I had that happen to me. It's ok to need medical assistance with this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiebeth1821
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Ive heard of some people going with out eating for 3 weeks while pregant cause they got too sick to eat. Just try to force yourself to drink water. Everytime you feel little ok try nibble on cracker just nibble. You could be sick this sounds like the cold going around. As long as you drink water as much as you can feel like or not and nibble on crackers when you can i think you are ok.

As soon as you please go see a doctor .Hope things get better for you and I hope you update so we know that you and the baby are safe.

Alyssa1988-21
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Go in. Most state insurance will go back 3 months or apply online for the state that you do live in and they will give you a medical number to use.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alaskadreams
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I am pretty sure that in most states that Prenatal care is free because they want healthy babies.  So def look that up for were you are.  Keeping yourself hydrated is VERY important.  Yes you want to try to eat if you can BUT your body is able to use your fat reserves for calories.  Remember that baby is super small and doesn't need a ton of stuff just yet.  Try the BRATY diet.  Bananas, rice, applesauce, toast and yogurt.  My friend would get really sick with her pregnancies and what "worked" best for her was continuous eating.  Literally she would eat at least every hour and at night 3 hours so she never had an empty stomach and it really helped her.  GL

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Talk to a doctor. There is a medication that can help with extreme nausea in morning sickness. Even if you have to go to the ER to be seen it's better than nothing. 

MrsMommyMiller
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM

You can go to the ER and then apply for medical assistance with your bill.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I'm not sure about the diarreah but I think you just have typical morning sickness and it will probably go away in 2 more months. Just try to keep yourself hydrated, take a pre-natal vitamin,and eat little meals.

nurse1997
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Hi doll get some flinstone vitamins- get to your doctor as soon as you can eat crackers and soup and water to get a little some thing in your belly good luck congrats

Dqnana
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Sounds like pregnancy is making you nauseous and anxiety is giving you the "scoots"! Pedialyte (not just for kids!!), Gatorade (even diluted with water), tiny bits of food, Ginger Snaps, ginger Ale, ANYTHING with ginger is good for nausea!  And please PLEASE do consider going to a clinic or a doctor. Many physicians will accept cash for a visit at a discounted rate if you do not have insurance.  They hate the insurance hassle just as much as patients do!  If you explain your situation, they may very well help you figure out an appropriate payment plan for a few visits.  Be well, dear!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)