Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

living with the dad but still a single mom anyone else feel like this?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM
  • 18 Replies

So we have beed fighting being sick in the house for awhile the kids dad got sick so for 2 weeks I was on my own while he slept.Taking kids to school,speech,karate,etc. Still doing chores laundry,dishes,etc, and took care of him bringing him things empting his throw up bowl when it needed it. I get sick and im still getting kids for school and even  throwing up in a bowl while my older one shots nerf gun thingy's at me.

How is that fair? Im so burned out and to make things worse when i even metion he has to do something that involes the kids he sighs or rolls his eyes. Its getting on my last nerve. My parents are out of town so its just him and me and im so stressed out and sick and the kids are sick so they are cligy. So im still having to do everything sick and with sick kids. THIS SUCKS

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Just stop doing it. I had to do that with my ex. After 4 days he finally realized why the whole house was a mess.

mama2my2boys
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM
my dh works all the time so when he is home he is asleep wakes eats and goes back to sleep till he leaves for work...BUT when I get sick he takes care of the kids...he does help with laundry and the dishes but for the most part i cook , clean pay bills do all the shopping take the kids to the dr etc and i was working and doing all that...have been outta work for about 7months :( work was a break my adult time....every now and then I have to take a break!...I did today i woke him and said I have to get out the house...So i left kidless and went shopping (we did are easter thing yesterday!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ilaynasmommy
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Does he work? Do you work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiebeth1821
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:11 AM

He works I stay at home with kids so I know I have to do house work to help out since I dont have a job I just get burned out after awhile. I live with my mom and my grandma and they all have opions on how I should raise my children and when the dad sitting in the playroom with the kids and I guess the kids did something they shouldnt of did they tell him no they waited till i got out of the bathroom to give me a earful its like he isnt there and he can do no wrong its starting to piss me off

jesusgirl76
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM
My dh doesn't help even when he isn't sick. His excuse is "men aren't meant to take care of kids" and the cleaning is my job according to him. I feel like a single parent most of the time. He does work while I stay home though. Praying your situation gets better for you :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM

It seems to be the lot of the mom, I think because we are nurturers. When you are both well again, talk about what seems fair to you and what doesn't.

Beth3721
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Mine will play with DD, but thats about it.  Maybe get her a snack if he's already in the kitchen and it's convenient for him.  We just had a fight last night about how it's MY job to pick up OUR childs things.  He was like "last time I checked I wasn't a housekeeper". I work full time too. I get sworn at if I ask for help with a bath or dressing her.  Yeah it sucks and my relationship is unhealthy. 

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I'm sorry:(

Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Let him roll his eyes and sigh and just be happy he is doing something.  My husband usually whines about it but I frankly don't give a damn.  He needs to step up.  If I'm sick then I don't do housework and the kids just have sandwiches or nuggets and hubby makes his own dinner or he makes the dinner depending on when he gets home.  If he complains about something I tell him if it bothers him then he can clean or do whatever. 

JaSeaKnight3
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Wow seriously! So their meant to help make them but not take care of them. Wow me & yours wouldnt get along.

Quoting jesusgirl76:

My dh doesn't help even when he isn't sick. His excuse is "men aren't meant to take care of kids" and the cleaning is my job according to him. I feel like a single parent most of the time. He does work while I stay home though. Praying your situation gets better for you :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)