Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Earrings

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 12 Replies

LO lost the back of one of her earrings. Idk how because they are usually pushed back enough and are hard to come off. I was thinking of just purchasing the backs, but now I am wondering if new earrings would be nice. What earrings do you use for your little girls? LO currently has the same ones the doc pierced her ears with.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama.samm.2.3
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM
My 5yr old DD currently has little rainbows in. My other 5yr old DD has Easter eggs. And my 2yr old DD has her birthstone studs in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
belindah
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I bought a collection of little birthstones for dds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kali_mom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM
On my 17 year old I used the same earrings she was pierced with for aprox a year. I changed them every so often after that but stayed with small age appropriate selections. She's been picking her own earrings since she turned 12-13. My LO is 10 months and this time around we are waiting on piercing her ears until she asks. I am sure you will find a cute pair for her.
marisab
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM
sterling silver and make sure they are hypoallergenic
Kazmira222
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I'd say anything simple. lol Nothing too flashy. And stick with sterling silver. In case of any irritation, fake metal can cause a lot of problems. It did with me.. >..> lol

AtillaTheHun
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Mine has little stars with a "sparkle stone" as she calls it the middle :)
LindaClement
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM

A doctor pierced a child's ears? Wow.

We changed our kids studs to sleepers, for a couple of reasons: higher gold content (both kids are sensitive to base metals) and if they get hooked on anything, they're soft enough to pull apart instead of ripping the ear lobe.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM

DD is using a gold earring since i have a history of allergies to all except the gold ones.  They are posts with pink flowers for the front.

DeLaLi
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM

LOL yup, her doctor did her ears and did a great job. I love it there because they used to give me free formula and they also have a massage therapist for the children and even adults as well. They now do home visits too!

Luckily I found the back to her earring, but I will still look into different kind of earrings for later on.

Quoting LindaClement:

We changed our kids studs to sleepers, for a couple of reasons: higher gold content (both kids are sensitive to base metals) and if they get hooked on anything, they're soft enough to pull apart instead of ripping the ear lobe.

CafeMom Tickers
LindaClement
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Weird. My doctor is booked solid doing medicine all day (although he does housecalls) and doesn't have time to add cosmetic stuff.

Quoting DeLaLi:

LOL yup, her doctor did her ears and did a great job. I love it there because they used to give me free formula and they also have a massage therapist for the children and even adults as well. They now do home visits too!

Luckily I found the back to her earring, but I will still look into different kind of earrings for later on.

Quoting LindaClement:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN