Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

tax ?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM
  • 3 Replies
The Hubby and I did our taxes on January 31. We had to file injured spouse because of my student lones. And we still haven't got any thing back. When we look it up it says its still being prosesed. My ? Is if u filled injured spouse this year how long did it take u too get it back and who did u file through.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
macbudsmom
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Why don't  you have a plan in place to pay on your loans? They won't take your taxes if you are working with the lending company.

akroeget203
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I have had it set up they were taking it out of my checks but they still have been taking my taxes too.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Why don't  you have a plan in place to pay on your loans? They won't take your taxes if you are working with the lending company.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM

It doesn't matter if you filed by mail or electronically through H&R Block or Turbo Tax or anyone else. Once the IRS receives it the processing is the same. 

According to the IRS they say 11 to 14 weeks. 11 weeks for e-file and 14 for paper file FROM THE DATE OF ACCEPTANCE. Not the date filed. Electronic filing is usually withing the same day or a couple of days at the worst case scenario. You are looking at roughly the third week in April or so. 

http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc203.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)