Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My neighbour stole my shovels! edit! I feel like a fool!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 9 Replies

Okay so I was out back looking for my shovels so I can start my gardening...what do I see through the fence? MY SHOVELS! now how do I go around getting them back? Or is it finders keepers losers weepers???

It is possible my DS friends left them out front...but COME ON! do you just take things that dont belong to you?????

I live in a town house complex so everything is really close...but I need the shovels to do work!

Well I was working out there with my other tools and the father comes up "Ohh I have your shovels your dad let me borrow them" Called my dad to let me know next time! Thanks everyone I am going to go burry my head in the sand :(

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
WillsMOM72
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I would go next door and ask if they've seen your shovels. Maybe they bought some that looks just like yours?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Quoting WillsMOM72:

I would go next door and ask if they've seen your shovels. Maybe they bought some that looks just like yours?

hmm maybe I will try that...dont know why they would buy shovels they dont have a garden out front! or back!

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I agree with this, ask them. Or you can even say that you've noticed they have shovels that look a lot like those that you used to have. :)

Quoting WillsMOM72:

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM

:)  I agree, it doesn't seem likely, but on the small chance that they did buy them, then you can't just take them, even though they are likely yours.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting WillsMOM72:

hmm maybe I will try that...dont know why they would buy shovels they dont have a garden out front! or back!

Connorsmommy13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Quoting Bmat:

:)  I agree, it doesn't seem likely, but on the small chance that they did buy them, then you can't just take them, even though they are likely yours.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting WillsMOM72:

Oh I wouldnt just take them...but nervous to go over there too! They are a bit...umm...the father is good, the girl not so much (much like how I live she lives with her father and son)

Gaily.Daily
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Everyone is so very polite and nice.  I would be diplomatic and tell her any time she needs to borrow the shovels just let you know but in the meantime you need to get to your garden "it's a mess as you can see." She will have no in to pretend they are hers and there is no need to go hat in hand and apologetic to someone who took something that doesn't belong to them.

The shovel's handle is wooden...simply carve your initials into it.  Problem solved :)   

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:04 PM

This is sensible and straightforward, but I'd be embarrassed or offended if someone came and said this to me and it wasn't their property after all.

Quoting Gaily.Daily:

Everyone is so very polite and nice.  I would be diplomatic and tell her any time she needs to borrow the shovels just let you know but in the meantime you need to get to your garden "it's a mess as you can see." She will have no in to pretend they are hers and there is no need to go hat in hand and apologetic to someone who took something that doesn't belong to them.

The shovel's handle is wooden...simply carve your initials into it.  Problem solved :)   

Gaily.Daily
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Thank you for your reply but the poster seemed pretty certain they were hers otherwise I would never have worded it the way I did.  

"Okay so I was out back looking for my shovels so I can start my gardening...what do I see through the fence? MY SHOVELS! now how do I go around getting them back? Or is it finders keepers losers weepers???"

Quoting Bmat:

This is sensible and straightforward, but I'd be embarrassed or offended if someone came and said this to me and it wasn't their property after all.

Quoting Gaily.Daily:

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Yes, she does seem sure. Your way is the best way to get them back. :)

Quoting Gaily.Daily:

Thank you for your reply but the poster seemed pretty certain they were hers otherwise I would never have worded it the way I did.  

"Okay so I was out back looking for my shovels so I can start my gardening...what do I see through the fence? MY SHOVELS! now how do I go around getting them back? Or is it finders keepers losers weepers???"

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting Gaily.Daily:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)