Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What would you have done?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 16 Replies

So couple days ago my DS and some kids were playing out front (Common area of the complex) And other kids found my DS friend Ipod (they had lost it couple days pior and we had asked everyone to keep a outlook) The girls took and said something to the jist of "loser weepers" and one threntened to punch another in a throat, I told everyone to go home (tears all around)

Today the boys (my DS friends) asked for it back...the dad said they had thrown it away....the boys were upset and demanded it back, the father called the kids "punk and brats" called my son a brat to which I flipped out about...again I sent all kids home...

The friends mom came and we went to the "father" of the girls. And the eldest denied it 3 times, then I said well Connor (my ds) said that it was theres they knew it. He steps up to me and gets in my face "Well he alllllways tells the truth doesnt he" (really sarcastic) he then asked his daughter (grade 4-5) again and she finally admitted that she knew that it was the boys...

So the father was like "oh well it was broken anyways" I asked for an apolgie about the name calling against my son and he said "yeah right I never take back my words" He refuses to replace the IPOD that was taken by his kids, and I have the brat??

His girls seem to think their shit doesnt stink DRIVES ME NUTS. They are so whiney and cry about everything...the eldest cried cause Connor won in a race...the parents freaked on my son saying that he should know that girls always win...

So I told him not to play with the girls but stay in the front so they dont win...what else would you do??

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sabrtooth1
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Move.  And not give an 8 year old an IPod.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I am hardly understanding this.

Idk what I would except mot use the common area.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spotsmom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Oh, yeah, stay away from them...yikes. We see where the girl gets it, don't we? What a piece of work, that guy. Way to be an example for his kids.

"Girls always win?" Yeah, THAT'S the right message to send to your girl. The only way you can win is if a boy LETS you, so just cry until you get your way. Ugh. Father of the year....

belindah
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Girls always win? Let's ask some of us grown girls when do we win? Keep ds away from this family and have him meet new friends
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Move?
we also have a common area out front. I check to see who is out there before we go out. Some kids are just not appropriate for my 5 year old
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
This

Quoting sabrtooth1:

Move.  And not give an 8 year old an IPod.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JC2223
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM
2 moms liked this

As far as the iPod...nothing. It wasn't yours or your sons so that's not your battle. As far as the father...nothing, ignoring him and his ignorance is best. As far as his daughters...tell your son to stay away from them. If they are outside playing, ignore them. If they are in the same area, tell your son to play some where else. If they bug him, tell him to say "I'm not allowed to play with you" and then walk away. When these girls have no one to play with and everyone shuns them, they will have no choice but to go bug their ignorant father.

cklamour
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM
This. Get new friends.

My son was playing with a little boy outside (about 6 or 7). My son is four. The little boy decided to start a fire on dry pine needles. I told my son he will never play with that little fire starter again.

Quoting belindah:

Girls always win? Let's ask some of us grown girls when do we win? Keep ds away from this family and have him meet new friends
averysmommom
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:26 AM

A lot of ppl are saying move and I think that's absurd. Keep those bratty lil bitches (is it wrong to call kids bitches?) away from your kids and def dnt let them take their expensive things outside anymore. As for the adults that suck and set piss poor examples just ignore them best you can. And maybe play music way too loudly when they are trying to sleep just for fun 

belindah
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM
My ds is 7 and because of a ministry I worked in he hung out with a lot of teenage boys and of course they taught him how to build forts and start campfires. But he would never do it with out supervision. I beileve even at the age of 7 c hildren still need to be supervised by an adult

Quoting JC2223:

As far as the iPod...nothing. It wasn't yours or your sons so that's not your battle. As far as the father...nothing, ignoring him and his ignorance is best. As far as his daughters...tell your son to stay away from them. If they are outside playing, ignore them. If they are in the same area, tell your son to play some where else. If they bug him, tell him to say "I'm not allowed to play with you" and then walk away. When these girls have no one to play with and everyone shuns them, they will have no choice but to go bug their ignorant father.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)