Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared something happend to my kids & idk what to do.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:06 AM
  • 24 Replies

My daughters is 3 & 5  have been toilet trained for some time now. My 3 year has been for a year & a half, my 5 year has been for over 2 years.

Just recently they have both started pooing and wetting there pants again. i have tried reminding them to go to the potty. I stop drinks at 7pm, there bed time is 8pm. But nothing see to work.

My 5 year goes to schools and came home in the same close every day, but once we get to my moms house it like she for get how to use the bathroom,  we were there for dinner about 45 later she peed her self again.

And just a few mins ago my 3 year just peed her bed.

The only thing that has changein the last week is i let them stay the night with at moms house, for a nights over spring break, b/c i have 3 younger adopted brothers ( age 14/13 & 2) and a youger adopted sister (age10).

But now im starting to wonder if something happend, & its kinda scaring me real bad b/c i tired "googleing" to see what could be going on and i i end up with is children diabetes or molestation......

Has anyone else been in this situation? Any advice would be appreciated.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katiebeth1821
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Change in schdule, upset about something? talk to the school about what is going on maybe?

I hope things get better for you

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:24 AM

I say the change in schedule most likely.  Is your mom on the same mind wave for reminding them to use the toilet and not giving drinks after certain times?   I would get them both checked out in case there could be an infection as well that is not readily seeable .

notsowicked11
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this

if you are that concerned, talk to their pediatrician and go from there. 

Sunshine257
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:34 AM
I would be concerned to. Take them to the pedi and get them checked out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happy41ce
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Ask them!! At 5, the 5 yr old can tell you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GleekingOut
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:31 AM

I would ask the kids and your mom. Were the siblings there at the sleepover? that sentence confused me. If grandma says they were unsupervised with the other kids, and nobody admits to anything I would take them straight to the pedi (or if they don't have any time) or straight to the ER. Regression in toileting (without any MAJOR known changes such as a baby, move, etc; a sleepover is not a big enough change in scedule to cause 2 kids to regress IMO) is generally a big red flag for me that something went down that night. It's up to you to find out what...

emmy526
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:39 AM

yes this...something really doesn't sound right...this here

Quote:

3 younger adopted brothers ( age 14/13

how long have the boys been in the home?  What were their previous homes like? 

Quoting GleekingOut:

I would ask the kids and your mom. Were the siblings there at the sleepover? that sentence confused me. If grandma says they were unsupervised with the other kids, and nobody admits to anything I would take them straight to the pedi (or if they don't have any time) or straight to the ER. Regression in toileting (without any MAJOR known changes such as a baby, move, etc; a sleepover is not a big enough change in scedule to cause 2 kids to regress IMO) is generally a big red flag for me that something went down that night. It's up to you to find out what...

GleekingOut
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:42 AM

BTW I don't mean to sound righteous or anything - it's just I work with kids, and sleepovers are not a typical reason for regression in toileting unless of course something happened there - and judging from what you said about your older child being dry all day at school and wetting herself within 45 minutes of being at grandmas'...something definetely happened here momma.

Quoting emmy526:

Quote:

Quoting GleekingOut:

emmy526
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:43 AM

i agree...something went on that night...OP ask your dd;s...if they can't tell  you, there's your signal. 

Quoting GleekingOut:

BTW I don't mean to sound righteous or anything - it's just I work with kids, and sleepovers are not a typical reason for regression in toileting unless of course something happened there - and judging from what you said about your older child being dry all day at school and wetting herself within 45 minutes of being at grandmas'...something definetely happened here momma.

Quoting emmy526:

Quote:

Quoting GleekingOut:

GleekingOut
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Keep us updated please?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)