Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

single moms and sahm how do u do it?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 9 Replies
So as a lot of u may know I have a sick baby at home and I fractureed my foot and messed up my knee. So I was haveing a hard time taking care of my son anyways. Well I woke up this morning not feeling good myself this morning.
I have no help from my family . I also don't have the help of the hubby because he works all the time.

How do all the single mommys or all the stay at home mommy's do it. How do u take care of your sick kids when u r sick or hurt your self? How do u have the energy to do it
please help I am so drained
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Couch potato. That is what we are while sick. I put everything I can within arms reach and camp on the couch.
jillbailey26
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:59 AM

If I'm *really* sick, my husband stays home.  I don't even ask unless I'm "I need to go to bed" kind of sick.  On the days where he doesn't stay home, I just muscled through it.  Cleaning takes a backseat and you try to keep the kid entertained as much as you can with whatever you can, lol.  Then when they take a nap, you take a nap.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

LizS84
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I'm not a says, but I often have to go to work while sick. The mom who mentioned "couch Potato" is right. Just try to conserve as much energy as you can. Keep what you will need nearby. Also, don't totally neglect yourself. Take your medicine, if any, and keep off your injured leg as much as is possible. Good luck!
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:09 AM
If I'm very sick or hurt and dh has leave he will stay home which is rare. You just do it because you know you have to. Last week I pulled my shoulder; I couldn't move without crying, lifting my 9month old was scary... I can't really use medications as I have a super sensativity to acetametaphine (sp?) And motrin does nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I just sucked it up and did it, thankfully I rarely get sick though.

just1moremeans4
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:33 AM

i've been a SAHM for 6 years with no help from family either. i'm talking they won't lift their fingers to help, EVER!! even when i go into preterm labor like always. i just keep going. i'm rarely sick but there are those days i can barely get up bc i push myself too much and that's the days that everything is watered down and simple. easy breakfast & lunch for the kids, the oldest brings the diapers and wipes so i can change baby.

bpryce
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:35 AM

lazy days spent in bed watching cartoons. find ways to keep the kiddos cuddled up with you so everyone is able to get some rest and relaxation.

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Just sort of sucked it up and plowed through the day. I usually keep the kids happy with snacks and movies while I lay on the couch...and I enforce nap time so I can sleep. Luckily, I rarely am that sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KawaiiLila
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Camping on the couch is good. But when both my dd and I are sick I push through it when she needs me. If she's vometing then I have to hold a towel under her chin and catch it. Then she gets a bath. (She's still too little for a bucket)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)