Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM
  • 11 Replies

i need help understanding why a baby that is a year old screams and cries all day long? My husbands little brother will cry all day long for no reason and he also starts to cry if he dont see my father in law or if hes not being held by my father in law. i was wondering if any of you mommies could tell me how to help my husbands dad with this little one, he is a single parent also. i dont think its collic but then again it could be, he just doesnt want anyone but his dad but he still screams and cries no matter what his dad does. help pleaseee lol

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM

separation anixety if the first thing that comes to mind.  

DragonMother10
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I agree about the separation anxiety and he could be teething also.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM

babies don't cry for no reason

AshleyMorris11
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM

thats what we all thought bcuz they have just recently split up and she has nothen to do with the boys, but before she left he was still doing it, every tyme she would call me i wouldnt be able to hear her for him screaming and crying. Is there anything to help the separation anxiety? hes no teething hes done it since he was little. I know babies dont cry for no reason i just put that in there becuz im not with them every day and really dont knw why he would bee crying every day all day long?

kali_mom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I would suggest taking him to his pediatrician to make sure he's physically alright. Once that's done then focus on seeing if he's just needing to be comforted because he's hungry or wet. It does sound like sep anxiety which can be very stressful for everyone involved. I hope it gets better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cookingmomma790
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM

maybe the kiddos teething and that is the only person that  comforters him  there could be a million reasons some kids are just fussy kids maybe try like a favorite animal or a favorite blanket to help him when your fil can not be around  and maybe see if the kid will sit next to him and not be up in his lap or picked up and maybe try to get him comfy with others good luck

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Separation anxiety? Teething? Reflux?

marisab
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM
seperation anxiety sounds like
wendyjoe
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:27 PM

seperation anxiety, teething, constipation, maybe he gets headaches... my son got headaches all the time and it got especially bad when the sun was up or when the light was bright he had really high eye presssure. maybe if nothing else see if being in a dim room for a whole day could help. also try asking him if anything hurts but be specific like say does your head hurt  or tummy or whatever. or point at his head or belly and say is this ouchy or however he responds best. hope this all works out for you fil. good luck

LindaClement
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Well... there are a number of reasons kids may cry frequently. Sore teeth, hunger, being overwhelmed by stimuli, thirst, feeling adrift, feeling frustrated about not being able to follow their instinctive curiosity, feeling unsafe or abandoned...

The trick isn't to 'make' them stop crying, but to figure out what they crying (this time) is trying to communicate. Meet the need, the child has no reason to cry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)