Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

husbands an responsibility?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 15 Replies
How are other husbands? Do u share responsibilities? Or have certain ones?
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM

We share most of them.  It depends.  He works, I don't.  So I try very hard to keep up most of the house stuff, since THAT is my job.  We share most of the kid stuff 50/50.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM

We share most household tasks but have certain ones we like to do.   I like to vacuum and he likes to grocery shop is one example.  He does take the garbage out and change the cat litter.

enlightened_24
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM

When he works more I do more housework. Right now I work so he does a lot of the stuff at home...We can usually balance things really well.

HaileysMom07180
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM

yes we have to  i work full time and he stays home, i hate to say it but he makes a better housewife than me.  i grew up with a maid and a nanny so cleaning is not my forte, i never could master the concept of spending all day everyday cleaning, but working i am great at, so i work andhe stays home.

meliscool72
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I do all the house cleaning and cooking until I find a job, until then I will be the old fashioned house wife, while he rests after he gets off work. When I start working, we will share the responsibilities if he likes it or not lol

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM
At this point we both work ft. Me graves and him days. I'm also in school, nights.

We're both very busy but share house and kid responsibilities.

When he worked excessively and I stayed home the balance was different. It's gonna depend for everyone, working ir not, etc. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
belindah
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:26 PM

The only thing he has to do at home  is take ou the garbage I do everything else, but Im a sahmand feel the house is my job.  He also helps with the kids.

Texa5
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM

50/50 when he is home.

My husband cooks, I clean or vice versa. I do laundry, he folds, he gives our son a bath and I put him to bed, or we do it together.

When he comes home after a long job he typically lets me sleep in and will make breakfast for all of us. We're a team.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM

I work part time, but I do 100% of the housework. He mows and edges and fixes things if I remind him. I'm over feeling resentful now because the kids have all moved out, but when they were little it really bugged me!

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Share. I am not a maid.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)