• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Convertible car seat help

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I am looking for a good convertible car seat for my son. He is about to outgrow his infant seat. It goes up to 29 inches and 22 pounds. He was 28 inches at his 6 month appt and likely to outgrow it any time now so we've been looking around for a convertible. Im a first time mom and kindof clueless when it comes to these things so I was hoping on some advice as to what would be a good carseat. We have about a $200 budget. I want something that I will be able to use as long as possible, and knowing he is likely to be very tall, something that he is able to grow with and get maximum use out of. Something that will be comfortable and of course up to safety standards, and something that will fit and be able to be easily transferred from my car to my SO's. What are you using for your little one? Any advice on good car seats? What I should steer away from and ones I should lean more towards?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Join the Car Seat Safety group on here.  They have a ton of info. 

MasonsMomma925
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Oh I didn't know there was a car seat safety group! Thank you!

Quoting jackiewal10:

Join the Car Seat Safety group on here.  They have a ton of info. 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Join the carseat safety group. (:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

kali_mom
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Looks like you're on your way to the carseat safety group!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommytoaangel
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
My ride 65 excellent carseat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I agree with car seat safety group.

mom4awesomekids
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

The Graco Nautilus is pretty good...it goes to 65 lbs 5 point harness, or the Evenflo Maestro that goes to 50 lbs 5 point harness.....and it's only like $80.  Otherwise if you wanted to spend more there's the True Fit carseats or the Myride 65.

MommyBoha
by Christy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My current favorite convertible is the Graco Mysize/headwise/Size4me 70 ( same seat, 3 different names)
It has the tallest shell for RFing and should last you FFing till he needs a high back booster. It RFs to 40lbs, FF to 70.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM
evenflo
Tree-Tree
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM

The nautilus and the maestro do not rear face. They are combination seats not convertible. The graco size4 me is a great seat. The true fit is another great seat. Britax seats are awesome if you have an average torsoed little one.

Quoting mom4awesomekids:

The Graco Nautilus is pretty good...it goes to 65 lbs 5 point harness, or the Evenflo Maestro that goes to 50 lbs 5 point harness.....and it's only like $80.  Otherwise if you wanted to spend more there's the True Fit carseats or the Myride 65.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)