• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a favorite hobby?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:56 PM
  • 7 Replies

Idleness in our later years is dangerous. This is just the time when we need to plan a full schedule of creative adventures. The world is waiting for us. We can travel and explore the physical world. Or we can explore the world of ideas and thoughts--poetry, art, literature, theology, philosophy, music.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
stargazerwolf
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I learned as a SAHM I had to involve myself in something of my very own. I've always loved drawing and writing so currently I am writing a lot, revamping my book I published in highschool to publish as an ebook on Amazon, writing for a website both creative writing and informative articles. I also may be working on another book. I draw when I can and am trying to make money doing custom drawings for people. I am selling hemp jewelry and pet collars I made myself of ebay, got an Etsy store to sell my drawings, yep keeping myself busy as a SAHM since my boyfriend works and goes to school and I need somethign other than taking care of kids. When we get old and kids are gone I will keep doing this as well as hope to travel and explore the world :)

katiebeth1821
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I started sewing to relax me. My kids injoy helping me too. putting material together matching colors feeling the differnt kinds and even help mommy on the sewing machine.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I spin, bike, play golf and tennis. I love to do home improvement jobs, just refinished a bathroom.. New tile on fllor, walls, new sink, vanity, lighting, new toilet, painted.

I was just thinking about volunteering at a dog training center for the blind near my house to see if theybneeded any help, but with summer coming and my free time ending (kiddos home from school) i decided to wit til sept. 

Im a pretty busy gal.  

rstuart66
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM

photography

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I have lots of things that I enjoy.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM
scrapbooking
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Reading and writing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)