Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

RSV

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM
  • 13 Replies
Just took my 9 month the pediatrician and she has bilateral ear infections and RSV. Now on antibiotics and prescribed steroids. Any other moms have babies that had steroids? How soon did they help with cough and respiratory issues? Did your baby have trouble sleeping? Sorry about all the questions but I need answers from other moms. Thanks ladies!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Bumping    I have no experience in any of that.  I hope the doctors gave you some help.

ColieO
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM
My son had that when he was 5 weeks old. He was on steroids for just over a week while he was in the hospital. I never had to give them myself. They made him act like he was on crack though. He was super lively for about an hour after. He just had to be on an oxygen machine for 2weeks after being released.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeisQueen
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM
My dd had rsv very young. She also had to have albuterol for a while. Most kids I know who have had these very young or for a very long time have super high energy levels STILL. Her health right now is what's most important but try to get her off it asap.
piwife
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids both have had rsv, pneumonia, bronchitis and well now they have asthma. They are on low steroids for their asthma. And yes my kids energy levels is high... I mean hyper
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeisQueen
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Quoting piwife:My kids both have had rsv, pneumonia, bronchitis and well now they have asthma. They are on low steroids for their asthma. And yes my kids energy levels is high... I mean hyper

I know what you mean...hugs.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Never give steroids 4 hours before bed or they do not sleep. Takes a few days to kick in. My dd had steroids sometimes for asthma. My dd had pediapred steroid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexanMomOf6
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:10 PM

My youngest had RSV at 3 months. There were no antibiotics or steroids prescribed. My sister took steroids and antibiotics a couple times for bad respiratory infections. She said that you have to be careful to take the meds as directed because if they are not tapered off withdrawal symptoms will occur.

I hope she feels better soon!!

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:23 PM
If they are taken only a few days it doesn't matter. If on steroids long term, yes, they have to be tapered.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

My youngest had RSV at 3 months. There were no antibiotics or steroids prescribed. My sister took steroids and antibiotics a couple times for bad respiratory infections. She said that you have to be careful to take the meds as directed because if they are not tapered off withdrawal symptoms will occur.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexanMomOf6
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Sis got a shot at the dr office and was told to start the meds the next day. She showed me the packet of steroids. The packet was the push-out-the-back setup. It had one less to take each day for a week. She said it was for withdrawal reasons...so,... idk.
Quoting atlmom2:

If they are taken only a few days it doesn't matter. If on steroids long term, yes, they have to be tapered.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Kids meds are liquid. Dd took a teaspoon 2 times a day for 5 days. Maybe kids doses are so light no need to lower the dose. She took 5 days worth probably 6 or 7 times as a child.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Sis got a shot at the dr office and was told to start the meds the next day. She showed me the packet of steroids. The packet was the push-out-the-back setup. It had one less to take each day for a week. She said it was for withdrawal reasons...so,... idk.

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN