• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abused!!!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

My kids came back from their dads with suspicious marks. My 2 yr old had a black eye and my 3 year old had a bbruise on his cheek and legs. I called Child protective Services. I took them to the hospital to be evaluated and now he is being investigated. He is not allowed to see them. However, this issue has been taken care of . The thing I am concerned with is the fact that they are clingy to the point of not letting me walk outside to get the mail without them in tow. I love them dearly and I am a stay at home mom. However, the clinginess has gotten really bad.

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PEEK05
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM

It's to be expected. :(

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM

It'll get better as they begin to feel secure again. It just really sucks until then!!!

belindah
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Be patient mom their little worlds were turned upside down. They will start to calm down when they feel safe again
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Chansel11
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I know but It is a lot of pressure on me.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I agree with the others.   Love and patience is what will heal their anxious , frightened hearts.

PS  if you havent already, look into a child therapist who can help talk to them and help build confidence through play therapy.

katiebeth1821
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Im so sorry you and your children having to go through this. Children dont deserve this. Have you looked into a counseling for the kids. I know its hard when they are clingy they just need time to feel safe again. That has been taken away from them and it will take some time.  Counseling might help and just talking to them yourself and doing things to make them feel safe.

kris0921
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM
It happens! My friend is staying with me, and her younger ds has a broken arm, because her ex hubbys girlfriend. He no longer can see them until court. Her ds is way clingy to her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chansel11
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM

This is the second time he is being investigated for it. We started therapy after the first time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)