Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vaccines, yes or no???

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM
  • 53 Replies
I have a 10 month old and he had his vaccines at 2,4 and 6 months. After many opinions from various people including my own research, I'm on the fence about giving him anymore vaccines until he is maybe 3 or 4. Taking into consideration autism; I know it hasn't been proven that its caused by vaccines. Also that sometimes I feel that the government and health agencies just think if what's best for their pockets. I was born in the caribean and our vaccine scheduled is a bit different. Talking more specifically about the MMR vaccine. I didn't get that until I was 7 years old and in the US is at 15-18 months. Please tell me if you know anybody that has done what I'm planning to? Thank you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Buggy979
by Danette on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Nope i followed the schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:57 PM
I didn't wait till 7 or 8 but I never did more than one at a time and tried to seperate some of those multiple type injections so we were a bit delayed. Also we didn't get varicella until right before school. These were just my preferences, so if there was a reaction it would be easy to point out where it came from. I am not militant on it, but it was what made me comfortable. This was for my youngest. With my oldest I just did as told.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:58 PM

My kids have had a few vaccines, but mostly, I don't vaccinate.

katiebeth1821
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I broke them up and made sure that my doctor got the shots with the lowest dose of that stuff in them.

What ever you do dont feel guilty about your chocie each parent is different there is no right or wrong to this just know what ever you choose its because you think its the best thing for your child.

Kitschy
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I delayed with my daughter and stopped when she was two. My son has never had any kind of vaccine or shot at all.

zadesmom1998
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:57 AM
We vaccinate on schedule. It's what works for our family.
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I slightly delayed.  I only allowed one shot per visit. I think delaying and following your homeland schedule is a good idea.  But I would still only allow one shot per visit.

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM

We always vaccinated on scheduel.  The only ones my kids don't get are the HPV ones

Bookwormy
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:36 AM
We only delayed a newborn vaccine to 2mo due to possible seizures. Otherwise, we follow the schedule. We are pro-vax.
thatgirl70
by Carin on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I followed the schedule, I never saw the point in delaying. But if you feel that's what's best for your child, then there's nothing wrong with it. I will say the only vaccination my son had a bad reaction to was the MMR at 15 months. He did fine with the rest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured