Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

i need advice ...

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:39 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hi I have a 2 year old boy that hits his head constantly well only when he gets in trouble for hitting his little sister ( idk if he might be jealous but I play with both the same and everything so he won't feel left out ) like when we tell him no don't do that he falls and hits his head or finds something to hit his head with I try explaining it to him not to hit his head that is bad but nothing I I put him in time out but he hits his head even more I. know he is little and that he might not understand but I don't know what to do any help advice and plz no smart ass answers ...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Samantha.Stetka
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this

My nephew did this constantly, and he was two as well. Whenever he wasn't happy about something, or when someone left the house and he didn't want them to he would do this. He would run to the door and slam his head off things for a bout an hour straight. We couldn't get him to stop, no matter what he did. Finally he just grew out of it. Sorry I couldn't be of much help! Good luck!

ericamunoz519
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Ohh thanx I thought my son was the only one doing that ..is your nephew ok like did it affect him in any way that's the part I'm more worry about that it will affect him when he gets older :/
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Stay consistant when he does not listen by putting him in time out.  He is the one who will get the headaches as much as we hate seeing them do this.

ericamunoz519
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Yea but my worry is that if it will effect him in any way later on :(
NNB
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Ignore it. Act like hes not even doing it
WandaSue
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

my son used to do that also! he is 13 now and he is fine :) i used to freak out about it as well. does he have a speech problem? my son did and that was his way of saying he was angry

notsowicked11
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a son that used to do that. He's doing it as a way to express his anger since he can't express it verbally. I had to use time out when my son did it, because that is the only way to get him to stop. I would explain to him (in a way that he could understand) that hurting himself was not acceptable and put him in time out. He got the point after a couple of months, and stopped. If your son continues to do it then I would talk to his pediatrician about it so it can be documented that HE is doing it himself, and maybe take him to see a child therapist that can help him (and you) redirect when he gets angry. 

ericamunoz519
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Well idk he says little words but not a lot and when he wants something he just grabs my hand

Quoting WandaSue:

my son used to do that also! he is 13 now and he is fine :) i used to freak out about it as well. does he have a speech problem? my son did and that was his way of saying he was angry

ericamunoz519
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM
My mom tells me he does it cuz he gets jealous of his little sister cuz when he stays with my mom (sometimes) he doesn't do that :/

Quoting notsowicked11:

I have a son that used to do that. He's doing it as a way to express his anger since he can't express it verbally. I had to use time out when my son did it, because that is the only way to get him to stop. I would explain to him (in a way that he could understand) that hurting himself was not acceptable and put him in time out. He got the point after a couple of months, and stopped. If your son continues to do it then I would talk to his pediatrician about it so it can be documented that HE is doing it himself, and maybe take him to see a child therapist that can help him (and you) redirect when he gets angry. 

aflower
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi
When he does this again, do nothing he will stop when he sees he won't get your attention. Now if he continues to do this, and begins to hurt himself see a doctor for advice.
aflower
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN