Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9 days until baby shower. Is it too late to change my registry? HELP

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:42 AM
  • 9 Replies

Well my boyfriends mother threw me a baby shower on March 28th. My mother is throwing me one for April 13th. I now officially have 9 days until my mothers shower. I thought having two diffrent showers was kind of selfish, but they both wanted to throw me one. I live 5 hours apart from my boyfriends mom so we couldn't have a combined one. Anyway I got really lucky and got almost everything on my registry that I asked for from my MIL?'s shower. I was just wondering, do you think it's to late to delete all the stuff I got and add things I still need for my up coming shower? 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
katiebeth1821
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:32 AM

no go for it.It wont hurt anything to do it. It might be to late and it might not be cant be sure but there might be people out there who hasnt shoped yet so it will save you time and them if you changed it.

No matter what even if you get the same thing people want to know you liked it. Only thing that sucks is when they dont give you something so you can return it so no you r stuck with it.

I say it's worth it to change it

elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:41 AM
I don't see why you would delete stuff. I mean you could add to it, no biggie. But as a guest, when you get a regestry, it says I need 1 stroller and then it says that stroller was purchased. Or I want 15 of x bottles and 13 were bought. If they are going of the same regestry then they all can see what was bought before they buy it. And if some chick from mil's party saw that someone bought the travel system but knew that the party she is attending is first so bought a duplicate then she is a jerk. You don't need 2 travel systems, 2 cribs, etc unless the parents live apart. So I would add if needed but unless the families are assholes, no need to delete. Plus normal people will include a gift receipt just in case!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM

It's not too late.  Just be prepared to return items that you receive in duplicate.

pamelakeller
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM

It is never too late to change a registry.  Although, if someone bought something off the registry, than the store usually marks it as purchased.  For some reason you get duplicates, than take one back for a store credit, but you would be surprised as to how necessary it is to have duplicate of certain items.

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Most people don't buy things until the day before or the day of so go for it. Though, if it says it was fulfilled leave it. It makes it easier for returns.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Your registery should update who bought what.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan11587
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM

This.  It will say if someone bought it already to avoid duplicates.  Also, you want to keep them on there just in case you do get two and you want to return something. Go ahead and add on, though.

Quoting atlmom2:

Your registery should update who bought what.

mom4awesomekids
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM

No I'd say go for it!!

Ms.Pteranodon
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I wouldn't delete I would just add on.

And I had two showers with my first. One my bestfriend threw me with all my friends and another that my mom threw me with all my family
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured