Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Refuses baby food

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 4 Replies
My dd just turned 9 months and I swear the day she did she has refused to eat baby food and her bottle I cannot get her to eat anything at all but she will gum down some crackers but i really need some ideas on what to give her, she taking after me, I didnt get any teeth until my first birthday and she still has no teeth, so I'm a little unsure of what to give her...any suggestions would be great :) thank you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sabrtooth1
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM

She does NOT need "baby food".  It's nasty crap anyway.  Give her a bottle, and at every meal introduce SMALL bites of whatever YOU are eating.  She will refuse some things, and like others.  Solids should not be the mainstay of her diet till AFTER 1 year old.  And even then she will work up to it--some days still drinking more milk than eating solids.  Eventually she will eat.   BELIEVE ME--she will NOT starve.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Then stop giving it to her? Just give her small bits of whatever you're eating. There are a few things that most parents stay away from at this age, like nuts and seafood, but most babies will eat just about anything. Idk about mushy things because both my kids had teeth before they started eating food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this
9 months is old enough for people food. Stop the baby food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Give her whatever you're eating.

My kids were exclusively breastfed until 7-10 months, and then I started them on food. Their first foods were salmon, banana, avocado, baked sweet potatoes, steamed carrots, ground chicken/turkey etc.

We wait until they are able to pick up chunks of food and feed themselves. We skip cereals and baby food, and my kids didn't get teeth until around a year. Two were 11.5-12 months and the other was almost 15 months when they got their first teeth. My youngest is 2 months old and I plan on doing the same for her :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured