Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Should I Bite The Bullet?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

The other day I was discussing with my boyfriend daycares. My son is hopefully going back to daycare by June. I am moving up the waiting list for Apple; daycare assistance in my state (PA). It's a slow process but hey we are moving along!

I was saying I didn't know where I wanted to take my 3 year old son. My boyfriend suggested returning to where he used to go and has gone since he was a baby. There lies my issue. My son went to the same daycare from 3 months to around 2 2 and half then I could no longer afford it due to losing assistance. I loved the daycare. The teachers were amazing. The center was well run and well controlled. They offered so much for the kids. Waters tables and moon bounces in the summer. Plays put on by teachers. Fire truck visits. It was amazing.

But when we left, the daycare assistance people called the daycare to let them know I was cut. The director called me to let me know. When I came to pick him up, I went to his room and all his stuff was gone. There was nothing with his name on it either. So I went up to the office (which I had passed on my way) and asked. They told me it had all been packed up because they knew I couldn't pay to keep him. Those bags ripped apart on my way to my car thus spilling tons of his stuff everywhere. I was so upset and hurt.

My boyfriend says I should put that aside. That is no reason my son should not go back to a place he loved. I see his point. I hardly trust anyone with my child. His daycare took wonderful care of him. I miss that place. I doubt I'd find anywhere else I would like as much. Should I just bite the bullet and go talk to the director again about letting my son come back? It's really my issue not my son's. Why should he suffer because I had a problem with them?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM

It sounds like they were trying to be helpful by packing up his stuff so you didn't have to take the time yourself to do it.  If you had to leave the daycare, they don't know if you're going to come back at a future date. 

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Wait you're upset because they packed his stuff up for you when they knew he wouldn't be attending the daycare anymore?  I'm confused....

MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I agree,I don't think they did anything wrong.Any daycare would have packed up his stuff for you before you picked him up.If you loved it so much and trust them with him,I'd go back!

SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Where has he been going since then?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Newstart1012
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM

My mom watches him now. I guess I took it wrong. I really want him to go back

NorseGodessMom
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I remember when i lost my job as a teen having to walk in the back past everyone and pack up my locker. It was humiliating! I think they were trying to save you that, I dont think they were expecting the bags to rip. Plus how much easier was it to just pick up the bags and go (minus the ripping) I think they were just trying to be nice.

It sounds like a great place go back, if you can!

SlightlyPerfect
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:05 PM

They told me it had all been packed up because they knew I couldn't pay to keep him.

That's not right. They have no idea. They still need to ask you first. They don't know about your ability to pay. Think family, friends, savings, etc. So they can't just assume. Shit, they didn't even know whether assistance informed you before packing up your kids' stuff! How embarrassing for your child!

slightlyperfect

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I would put him back where you know he is well taken care of.  I can imagine that must have been humiliating to have everything put in a bag when you got there but maybe they were just trying to be helpful and not make you do it???

starr377
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM

i don't understand why you have to bite the bullet. did you get upset with them in the office and say some things you regret? if you really want him to go back but are afraid of appologizing face to face try over the phone first. there'll less tension and then appologize again in person. tell them how wonderful their staff is and the daycare itself. i'm sure if they had no problems with your son they would love to have him back as well as your buisness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)