Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

not sure what to do

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:12 PM
  • 6 Replies

i will be 36weeks on monday and iv been in and out of hospital i am having contractions and bleeding but set im still a 3 they keep sending me home. my dr says im in the 1st stages of labor bc my contractions but wont keep me cause im not dilating past a 3 and they wont help it along bc im not full term i had my 2nd baby at 36weeks but not sure whats going on wondering if i should go to a diffrenet hospital bc i have a friend that they did same thing to and she kept going bak and they wouldnt do anything and she ended up delivering her baby on the 3rd day. what should i do???

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
thenameshailie
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM

If you dont agree, get another opinion.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I'd definitely go to another hospital. I don't know why they'd keep sending you home if you're bleeding and contracting at 36wks.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I'm not sure, but best of luck to you! It's got to be frustrating!

brittany208
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Are they giving you something to make the contractions stop? Seems like they would either want to encourage or discourage them, not keep you in a state of limbo.

Also, try to relax. Being too stressed out can cause your labor to stall too

Ilaynasmommy
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM
I started having conyractions at 36 wks 2 days. Ds was born at 37 wks 4 days. The pain changed and they wouldn't get steady. I didn't go to the hospital until they were 5 mins apart. How far apart are yours?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Be glad! You are doing the crap work without being in major pain. My daughter-in-law was the same way. She was in labor like you for several weeks. When it came TIME we got to the hospital and things went quickly and much easier for her than other births I've been present for-including my own. 

Trust me, you don't want them to help you along if at all possible. It's MUCH more painful than natural. I've been helped twice and delivered naturally twice. The natural ones were beautiful and OH SO MUCH EASIER!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN