Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM
  • 17 Replies
I have a second degree sunburn and nothing is helping it. I've use aloe, cold compresses, lukewarm bath with baking soda, tylonel, and numbing spray for sunburns. I'm in so much pain. I haven't even been to bed. Blisters keep popping up. I'm lost on what else to try.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM

You're already doing everything you can do for yourself at home, really. You could try a hydrocortisone cream if you like, but that may not provide you any more relief. If you're in a lot of pain, you may want to go to a doctor for treatment.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM

It seems counter-intuitive, but my mom always used to tell me to take a hot shower and that would take the burn out. Worked for me. You could try one area and see if it helps you, good luck!

MentorMom1
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:00 PM

A warm bath or shower is supposed to help a light burn turn to tan. Not  second degree burns.

Quoting Lindalou907:

It seems counter-intuitive, but my mom always used to tell me to take a hot shower and that would take the burn out. Worked for me. You could try one area and see if it helps you, good luck!

MentorMom1
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I would go to urgent care as soon as you can. Don't be embarrassed that you stayed out too long. The big thing you need to do is keep your second degree burns from getting infected, and burns can get infected with very nasty results.

You are also in a great deal of pain and probably could use prescription pain meds. The doctor can treat your burns properly and instruct you on their care until healed. Don't put numbing sprays on! They pull the skin taut and make it even more painful. And don't take a chance with your health. Get your bottom into urgent care.

P.S., I was born in Lawrence.

elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Witch hazel
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommytoaangel
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Oatmeal bath or frozen cold rags or witch hazel good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Get a good aloe jell from a healthfood store and put it on thick.  

SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:09 AM

You've done everything you can. You need to see a doctor at this point. They can give you a perscription for stronger stuff.

LoreleiSieja
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM

You might need to see a doctor.  A normal sunburn doesn't blister.  A blistering sunburn is very serious.  You could be dehydrated, which would increase your pain and discomfort.  anything you put on your blisters could cause infection, as well.  A doctor might prescribe you a pain medication that would give you some relief, as well. Take care, and be very careful for the rest of this summer.  Your skin will be more light-sensitive for a while.  Don't trust sunscreen.  You may need to wear a light, long-sleeved shirt all summer.

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I would go to ER or reguler doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured