Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Calling All Mom's With Highly "Obnoxious" 2 Year Olds!!!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 45 Replies
How in the world do you clean your house?! And KEEP it clean??

My son is 2 and as soon as I clean one room, I start on the next, 5 minutes into this 2nd room, he has trashed! the room I JUST cleaned! Or else he's in the same room that I'm TRYING to clean and he's making even more of a mess in it!!!!

I am literally ready to cry... He won't listen to ANYTHING I tell him to do. I'm at my whits end here.

ANY AND ALL ADVICE IS WELCOME HERE
.....just please... No bashing!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reese2010727
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:59 PM
My son is almost 2 and trashes the house as well.I'm about to try to make a game out of cleaning because he'll bring things to me when I ask(most times).So my suggestion is a cleaning game..like on Barney with a song.That's all I have.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amandaxshawn08
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Lol ok. Thanks. :)

Quoting Reese2010727:

My son is almost 2 and trashes the house as well.I'm about to try to make a game out of cleaning because he'll bring things to me when I ask(most times).So my suggestion is a cleaning game..like on Barney with a song.That's all I have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvkids329
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I have a 2 year old as well,my son usually follows me And gets into stuff when on cleaning,What works for me is giving h'm something that lites up and makes noise,sometimes coloring books with a washable crayon,or a little wash towel,and I'll ask him to help me,good luck,its hard to do a good cleaning job when there at this age,it gets better though:)
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
He trashes it, he cleans it. Or he stays in a play pen all day. He gets away with what you allow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Give him a spray bottle with some water and vinegar. Let him spray the floor etc. and wipe it up. He can do the bath tub and showers too.

Give him little jobs to do. Match socks, put laundry and toys away etc.
Firenygirl180
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM
With ds we clean up at the end of the day and i reward him for helping. Some messes i have him clean on his own because i didn't dump the entire box of whatever mommy just picked up off the floor.

If he is really misbehaving he gets to watch mommy put his favorite toys away in the closet where he can't play with them
amandaxshawn08
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Thank you.

Quoting luvkids329:

I have a 2 year old as well,my son usually follows me And gets into stuff when on cleaning,What works for me is giving h'm something that lites up and makes noise,sometimes coloring books with a washable crayon,or a little wash towel,and I'll ask him to help me,good luck,its hard to do a good cleaning job when there at this age,it gets better though:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandaxshawn08
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I don't even own a play pen anymore.

Quoting atlmom2:

He trashes it, he cleans it. Or he stays in a play pen all day. He gets away with what you allow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandaxshawn08
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Haha. I'm lucky to get him to pick up toys!

Quoting Randi02:

Give him a spray bottle with some water and vinegar. Let him spray the floor etc. and wipe it up. He can do the bath tub and showers too.

Give him little jobs to do. Match socks, put laundry and toys away etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandaxshawn08
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Never thought of taking his toys away... Thanks.

Quoting Firenygirl180:

With ds we clean up at the end of the day and i reward him for helping. Some messes i have him clean on his own because i didn't dump the entire box of whatever mommy just picked up off the floor.

If he is really misbehaving he gets to watch mommy put his favorite toys away in the closet where he can't play with them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN