Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

nanny rant: am I too demanding?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 31 Replies

please help me be ojective. here's the situation:

I hired in late august to work on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4 to 8 pm and Sundays from 1 to 5. She knew that Tuesdays I was going to work out from home and the other 2 days I needed her to be around while I was at home trying to do some work and being at home with my toddler as well.I told her that occasionaly I might needed her for a few hours on a Sat but without losing her regular Sun hours if that was the case.

She stood me up a couple of times and asked me to switch Sunday for Sat and I have agreed. She showed up 30 minutes early many times making me feel that I needed to pay for those extra 30 minutes since she gets paid by the hour. After I told her that we may not be home and that i'd appreciate it if she could call if she was going to be extra early, she stopped. Also, one Sunday she was 30 minutes late and I had an appointment so I told her it was better for her not to come at all since I had to leave home with the baby to make it to my appointment.If I didnt show up I was going to be charged.

Well she knows from mid Feb that I needed her this Sat, April 13th for 4 hours.She said it was ok. Then today as she is leaving, I told her that I was flexible about the hours she wanted to do on Sunday 14th and she told me that she wasn't sure if she could work on Sunday.

By the way, I should also menton one other issue. Early March, she told  me that she could not come Tuesdays anymore or at least for sometime. First she said that she could  not make it because her husband has different hours at work and he could not pick her up. Then she started telling me that she could but only starting at 5: 30 and she believed it was too late for me. I think her issue is that the lady she works for on Tuesday morning might have asked her to work longer hours and she has been with her longer than with me. I told her that I was ok with not having her help on Tuesdays during march but April and May are tough months for me and I was probably going to look for help for that day.

anyway, with all these issues, am I really seeing a problem or is there a problem?

I think she doesnt really need these hours and she does whatever she feels like doing. My son is happy with her and she helps by playing and doing minor cleaning but...so many buts

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM

bump

ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM

help

catrig
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this
You need a new nanny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Godfrey
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

ive never had a nanny of any kind but i would imagine if i was paying someone to come in to my home and work then it would have to be for the time i needed them for... i would let her go and find someone who could do the time you needed simple as that

baquick
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I think I would start looking for a new nanny. It seems like she doesn't really need this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
laineylarue
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
There was alot of back & forth going on, Id hire a new nanny but I also think you need to have a more set schedule as well. It will take a lot of the problems away...good luck :)
celestegood
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM

You should get a new nanny.  She obviously doesn't need or want the job.

ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM

we have a set schedule: Tue and Thur from 4 to 8pm.Sundays from 1 to 5 .I told her that this upcoming sund I was flexible because she was also working on Sat

Quoting laineylarue:

There was alot of back & forth going on, Id hire a new nanny but I also think you need to have a more set schedule as well. It will take a lot of the problems away...good luck :)

ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I am actually interviewing a person tomorrow but only for Tuesdays.I feelad about letting someone go but... 

Quoting catrig:

You need a new nanny.

PinkParadox
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:33 PM
New nanny
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)