Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Two kids 9+11 and a baby sharing one room?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:30 AM
  • 47 Replies

Hi, I really need your advice, I have 3 boys ages 1/2, 9 and 11 years old, the big ones are sharing a room since they were born and a baby sleeps in our room for now. I'm thinking to transfer him to another room when he will be 1 year old. I have a spare bedroom now, I sought to make this room as a play room and study room and put all three boys in one bedroom, what do you think, consider the age differences and all?

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilblu399
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Is the 11yo okay sharing his room or has he ever asked for his own space?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ClayingMama
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:07 AM

No, he never asked for his own room

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:11 AM
3 moms liked this
I would probably put the baby in his own room so the big boys don't lose sleep for school. Once he's a bit older and sleeping through the night give the eldest his own room & the younger two share. (Unless they're content to share still).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ClayingMama
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Thanks MumsTheWord, I cna't see myself treating the middle chiled like much younger then the oldest, hi is just 1.5 year younger the the oldest

icn_mom
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:44 AM

I would make the spare bedroom the babies room when he turns one. the baby has such a large age difference between the other two, i dont think it would be right to share a room with the older ones. but that is JMO

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I think the 11 year old should have his own room.

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Or put the baby in his own room

Mrs.Godfrey
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:01 AM

we currently have a 13 year old and an almost 7 year old in the same room .. this is stretching it already.. i think you should put the baby in  his own room...

cookingmomma790
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Think instead cramming them all together either put the baby in hos own room and do that a little kids room / play room or the older voy could get his own room and the littler two could share and have the toys in there room

Raeann11
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:56 AM

It would all depend on how the 11 year old feels. Does the 11 year old want to share a room?

We use to have all three of our girls in one room. They wanted to share and the other room was a play room. Well my 9 year old(8 at the time) said she wanted her own room. So we moved her into that room and no more play room.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)