Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spoiled Baby

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:58 PM
  • 67 Replies
This is hubby's first biological child and she is so spoilled it is interfering with my day to day routines. She is 7 months old and from day one, Daddy has held her almost all of the time. I have tried explaining to him that she needs to be put down so that she can play, have tumny time, crawl!!! When she makes a sound, even a whimper he jumps up and goes to get her from her crib. She has a walker and a jumper saucer thing that she SCREAMS bloody murder if you put her in (like right now. She is throwing a fit in her walker). I really need to stop this behavior! I can barely get crap down around my house because I have to hold her all day. I could leave her there and she will scream until she is picked up. Don't get me wrong, hubby is a very caring and loving daddy and it's awesome that he interacts with her as much as he does (my 3 other kids dad NEVER did any of this with them. They were used to playing and not being held) but come on...i have an 8 year old almost 5 year old twin boys, i should be able to put baby down and color or play legos without her world fallibg apart. Help me! Please.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
She needs to be free to roll, crawl, have tummy time. Terrible to hold them all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this
You could also baby wear. We do that a lot in the first year. You could also put her down for short amount of times and play with her.
Hero1059
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM
She hates the baby wearing thing. I bought on of those....mobiwraps? The streatchy fabric thing. Started it when she was itty bitty and she didn't like it then and still doesn't. Tried the other day at the park and it was a no go. I try to put her on her play mat gym thing with toys and she cries. The second i daddy picks her up or me, it's over. She dries up. I can hold her or have her in my lap and she will play with toys allll day long. She can sit unsupported and roll over both ways, though I really don't know how she did that with limited floor time. I am not working right now andI hate to put her in daycare, but do you think some social interaction with other babies would help her out? Like two days a week? I also dont want to make it the daycare staffs obligation to unspoil her. I merely mean to use it as a reinforcement to the corrected parent behaviors at home.
Also, how long would you allow your baby to cry once you put them down before you go back and pick them up?
Hero1059
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Do you think if I did the mobiwrap everyday she woul get over not liking it?
Hottmomma607
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:32 PM
At 7mo. she should be showing some independence!
alisheamonet33
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM

ye u need to expalain calmly that he needs  to stop holding her she is extremely spoiled its going to take time and patientce to break her lol and him!

rachel_2010
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM
5 moms liked this

I feel like if a 7 month old wants to be hold, there is something 'wrong' If its just insecureity/lonelyness stuff.  They can't tell you what is wrong, they can just cry.  Get a carrier and just carry her around all day.  My baby needed to be held for ten months, now he won't sit still and is very independent.  Baby birds need a safe nest before they can fly!

A.J.s_mommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I held my baby the majority of the time. She's 6 months and will go in her exersaucer or lay on her playmat without getting upset. Same with my son. Hes almost 6 though.
Hero1059
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Like I said, she can sit unsupported and roll over both ways. She has met or exceeded the milestones at her age. She just hates being put down. I am not trying to be rude but I am not looking for people to state, what I already know but to offer up some ideas so tH I can correct this before it becomes a serious issue. I would be so appreciative for solutions or things to try. I will try anything (as long as it isn't abusive...i say that because i've read some winners of post on CM). I know she needs to play and be independent. Im trying to figure out to get her to that point.
mommieof38829
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:46 PM
My ds will be 1 tomorrow. And he has been held since day one. He plays by himself and still likes to be held by me. So enjoy while you can. She will start playing alone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured