Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
My kids do not have it, i do! I've tried everything and i mean everything i know of to get rid of it. Nothing helps!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (21-30):
Moms_Angels1960
by Cheryl on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Quoting Rosebud333776:

Thank you.

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Get the lice comb from Amazon, they hate Coconut so get shampoo and conditioner, use mayo, use Flea and Tick shampoo, use Listerine for 4 hours put your hair into a shower cap, get in the shower and put lots of conditioner in your hair and comb, comb, comb. I did ours every day for a while the lice treatments were expensive and just didn't seem to work really good.

Put Tea Tree oil in your shampoo it's like 15 drops.

Also, you can throw your pillow in the dryer for like 30 minutes same with stuffed animals, wash the bedding. Vacuum everything it's really hard to do this all the time but in the end it will help.

Sorry you are dealing with this I did most of what I said last summer when the neighbor girl gave my dd & I both head lice it's not fun.

Go on line and look for Home remedies

You're Welcome after dealing with this daily for over 3 months I was ready to pull my hair out or at least chop it off short. My dh would comb mine out also for me every few days. I went to using anything and everything I could find. Finally it worked but it took alot out out of me.I know what you are feeling. Hugs!
alleaeon
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM

every night for a week

alleaeon
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Quoting mamamiajk:

I'm not sure if you know it but everything in the house needs to be deliced. Pillows,bedding,stuffed animals etc. My twins brought it home from school. (welcome to the public school system) I was sick. I live in a large old home and I was going nuts thinking they were everywhere. Did you know that lice actually prefer clean hair? I went down to county health and got the info and treatments for the whole house for free. Are kids fair haired? One little nit can reak havoc for the whole house. Have a friend or family member do your hair treatment so as not to miss any. Good luck

At the company I worked for, part of the message is that lice can't jump or live off of a host for longer than 24hrs, so i would put my efforts in my hair, then when you get the steam, wash the bedding.

alleaeon
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:47 PM

also, all of these exhausting suggestions are why ppl get so confused about what to do and what actually works.

wickedstepjenn
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Tea tree oil helps also. They hate it. I've always used a really thick conditioner add some tea tree paste that on the head for 4 hours and then rinse. . Them the lovely comb and finger nail treatment. Its also true they love clean hair. When it was running rampant at sd school I only had her was her hair once a week and condiotioner the rest of the week. It was miserable but finally they found the child with the infestation and now no lice (knock on wood) for 6 months.
fairymom82
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM
There is a treatment stuff called fairytales it has rosemary extract and tea tree oil. it works wonders. also there is a medicine you can get at the dr that kills them and isn't a pesticide like rid and nix try that and the fairytales stuff. i apply the fairytales to my boys every day and no lice ever even when there is massive outbreaks at school. you can get it fairly cheap on amazon.com
CaitsCookies
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:08 AM
I'm making a mental note about the coconut. I always used a cider vinegar rinse as a preventative. Lice HATE it. 1 Tbsp cider vinegar per 1 cup of water, make as much in that proportion as you need to rinse your hair after you shampoo and condition. It also cleans any buildup from your hair products, softens your hair, and nourishes your scalp.
achorney
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:31 AM

If you put items in a hot dryer, you can kill the lice that way. 

sgtLF
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Try tea tree shampoo 

MysticIceWater
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
The only thing that works on my hair is baby oil mixed with baby lotion and a Walmart sack on my hair all night. It's a double bonus soft silky hair and you've suffocated the lice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN