Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously????

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:18 AM
  • 21 Replies

So I deleted my cafemom account over a year ago due to much INSANE drama. Decided to give it another try. 

My youngest will be 3 mid July. She is pretty much potty trained. However, she has days that she just says screw it and will pee herself. She was dry for 4 days and we gave her lots of praise and stickers. Today she peed herself twice. 

Now, I have been babysitting the two little boys next door. I watch them 7-4 mon-fri. This week I only have them until noon because its spring break. 

She will tell me she has to go potty and run away, usually to the bathroom, she will then come back and look at me and pee herself. 

I'm not sure what to do. I have already take gymnastics away. 

The first time my now 4.5 year old peed herself she was potty trained day and night 

any advice?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:14 AM
3 moms liked this

i dont think taking away gymnastics is going to do diddly squat to help her with bathroom issues....and she's not even 3 yet??!!  I think YOU are the one that is impatient and needs a time out.   If she won't be 3 until july, she still has LOTS of learning time left...why are you pushing her so hard?

MMMMmama
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Asked for advice, not rudeness! Thanks anyways!

Quoting emmy526:

i dont think taking away gymnastics is going to do diddly squat to help her with bathroom issues....and she's not even 3 yet??!!  I think YOU are the one that is impatient and needs a time out.   If she won't be 3 until july, she still has LOTS of learning time left...why are you pushing her so hard?

rmfanfgljf
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM
This is probably not the advice you want, but my son was also pretty much potty trained, one day he decided to take his pants and undies and pee on his sister's bed....then later he removed his pant and undies again and popped on his sister's bedroom floor, I knew he knew what he was doing, so I spanked him when he popped and he hasn't done that again since then. There is a big difference between an accident and being stubborn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmy526
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:11 AM

advice: Back off on the potty training and quit pushing her so hard....

Quoting MMMMmama:

Quoting emmy526:

MMMMmama
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I tried and she just laughed. Pissed me off more and had to walk away. :(

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

This is probably not the advice you want, but my son was also pretty much potty trained, one day he decided to take his pants and undies and pee on his sister's bed....then later he removed his pant and undies again and popped on his sister's bedroom floor, I knew he knew what he was doing, so I spanked him when he popped and he hasn't done that again since then. There is a big difference between an accident and being stubborn.

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Give her incentives. I never attempted potty training till near 3 and mine trained fast. She has control and it isn't something you can really make her do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cemommster
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM

that was advice. She is young, some are ready and some are not. Just because it's not want you wanted to hear.

Quoting MMMMmama:

Quoting emmy526:

sarahneatherlin
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM
3 moms liked this

it sounds like to me that she wanted you to go with her to the bathroom. She told you she had to go, and then ran in there. When you didn't show up, she came back and did her business right there. She probably just needs a little more attention than you are giving her on account of you keeping other children.

whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM

If she is purposely soiling her pants, give her a bucket of water in the tub and have her wash them.  The first time or two, it might be fun.  Eventually, it won't.  If it's a true accident, be patient and help her.  Three is still so young.  She will eventually master this skill!  There are always pullups until she does.

othermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Time outs, have her help clean up the mess. She is still really little, maybe start taking her more often to the bathroom. My daughter did that occasionally once she was trained, she would  have  accidents sometimes. She was trained at 2 1/2  and has had accidents occasionally still at 3 1/2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured