Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Out of control 2 year old. HELP

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter is 2. Every time were in public she acts like a lil brat. She yells and screams. She throws every thing she can on the floor. She runs around like a maniac and she takes her shoes and socks off every where we go. She seems to find everything shes not supposed to have. I need tips on how to fix this behavior. Its driving me crazy. I had to take her to my doctors appointment today and she was so bad I couldn't evin wait around to make the next appointment. There were other kids there around her age and they were good. Please help me! Also what about spanking her, not hard but enough to get her attention. I haven't done it yet but Im considering it. Im thinking she will be shocked by what happen and know that I mean business. She does do well with 123 usually by the time I get to 2 she listens, cuz she knows 3 means time in her room. I cant give her time in her room when were not home and she doesn't stay in chairs. So maybe 3 should mean a swat on the butt. Idk I need advice.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bleacheddecay
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:56 PM

3 should mean you leave wherever you are and she gets time out in her car seat or you just go home.

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I never bought into counting to 3 because that gives them two chances to ignore you.  

Do you address behavior expections before you get there?  Do you bring distractions to help keep her entertained?  Do you call out to her from an arms length when she does these things, or are you hands on and looking her in the eye?

Perhaps the better option is to train yourself to be more proactive about what you want from here and figure out how to help her have success.

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. I think that on three you leave wherever you are or do a time out. It sounds like you just need to set boundaries and stick to them. Follow through on everything you say or she will think that you aren't serious.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

3 should mean you leave wherever you are and she gets time out in her car seat or you just go home.

Sweetest_Britt
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM

There is a corner or a wall ANY where you go. We've had to do timeouts at the zoo, Disney World and Universal Studios before. They're now 8, 6, and 2 1/2 and I can't remember the last time it's been necessary.

I absolutely do NOT put up with shenanigans and they know to get it under control the first time I warn them. We do not spank either.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:16 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)