Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All I wanna do is cry!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM
  • 2 Replies
I feel like a failure. My oldest doesn't listen to me. I have tried everything. She just laughs at me. She runs away from me in public places. I've tried spanking, time outs, losing toys. I'm at wits end.

Her 2 year old brother is starting the same thing. I don't know what to do anymore. I wanna give up. She doesn't even listen to her father. I need help. She always yells at me. I'm going to lose it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
savingtheworld
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Don't lose it yet..get a discipline technique an stick with it..u don't want your youngest to b influenced by the oldest..an time outs can actually even b used in stores...don't take stuff away! Throw stuff away, well not really but put items in a bag an give them bk on good behavior..an when u see your child do good behavior, don't complement, or reward..just pat her on the head or bk..my son was very strong willed, I finally, found help..thru counseling, an his Dr they really worked with me, parenting him..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Be consistent-  stick to your policy. You and their father need to agree on a discipline policy to that you present a united from. Don't yell at the children.  Yelling at them gets old and they stop listening. Never make a threat that you are unwilling to carry out- it teaches them that you say things but don't mean them. Don't permit talking back, even if you have to take her to the naughty corner all afternoon, be persistent- if she can't play with her friends, or watch her show, or play with a certain toy- too bad - next time if she wants to, she'll have to listen to you. Good luck! Remember that YOU are the parent, the one in charge, they are not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)