Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dont know how to feel

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ok how would you feel about this? Me n dh husband had seperated for a lil bit, cuz we were going through things. We've always had ups n downs, since we've been togeather. We have different parenting styles, he is a stubborn person, he was really helping me, but doesn't anymore like he was. He don't really do things with my kids, my youngest son can't stand him, he drinks a lot and we don't trust each other. We got back togeather, suppose to be in counseling, working on change, but I don't trust he really can change. Today is my sons bday n he dnt give him anything for second year n he's acting all broke, wen he's retired n get a disability check. I just don't know how to feel about him any more and I don't really think he's gonna change.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsApple
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Why did you get back with him?The change should be worked on and happen BEFORE you get back together.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Move on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
remembercmp
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
How old is you son? Sometimes it's not about material things but did he atleast try to do something nice for him or with him?I think maybe a step back and start to see some changes before you jump right back in.
oscarsmom70
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

it sounds like you are already in counseling . . . did you bring this up in session?

A great resource a few of my friends have benefitted from is the book Healing the Hurt in Your Marriage by Dr. Gary Rosberg and Barbara Rosberg.  Maybe check it out at the local library?

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM
2 moms liked this

...my youngest son can't stand him, he drinks a lot and we dont trust each other...

Doesn't sound like father or husband material :(

ma1234
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Thanks I'm considering all options.
DarlaHood
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:43 AM

This.

Quoting MrsApple:

Why did you get back with him?The change should be worked on and happen BEFORE you get back together.

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:21 AM

ok not sure what you want here? Are you just venting?

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)