Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

spring cleaning post got me curious

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:21 AM
  • 9 Replies
If anyone knows that tossing batteries in the normal trash is illegal? Most cities and towns have a battery recycling center/program. I usually buy rechargeable but on the odd chance I don't, I put the used batteries in a plastic zip lock bag for the recycling center.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:49 AM
I know that. Our town has hazardous waste/ electronic waste dropoffs several times a year. It's crazy. You put all the stuff in boxes in the trunk, drive up and guys in hazmat suits open your trunk and get the stuff out and it is seperated and disposed of. It's just weird cause the whole lot is covered in plastic tarps and all these people in crazy plastic suits are all over it, feels like the later scenes in et
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Lol, Salem Oregon has a place for all of that stuff at the recycling center. Seattle area is catching up on it lol.

Quoting elzmnsf:

I know that. Our town has hazardous waste/ electronic waste dropoffs several times a year. It's crazy. You put all the stuff in boxes in the trunk, drive up and guys in hazmat suits open your trunk and get the stuff out and it is seperated and disposed of. It's just weird cause the whole lot is covered in plastic tarps and all these people in crazy plastic suits are all over it, feels like the later scenes in et

Hapsand123
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:38 AM

To be honest I never thought about it. We have a list of things not to throw in the trash and little batteries is not one of them. Now the big like car batteries yeah but not little ones. 

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Bump
mama2my2boys
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM
me to

Quoting bnkirk24:

i always throw batteries in the trash... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I'd love to recycle. But its either be illegal, or pay the huge recycling bill ($963) that our property has acquired since the county started recycling $135 a year, plus fees
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:38 AM
I didn't know it was illegal...
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:38 AM
I knew it was frowned upon.
arguijogirl
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Does moving in thespring count as spring cleaning. I tihnk I might leave a lot of things on the curb for free just so I dont have to unpack... lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)