Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Curious how many moms actually sort their laundry

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How many of you do?

Options:

Yep, I sort my laundry.

Just towels and clothes

I just throw it all in!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 252

View Results

I don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

How manI don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

I changed the option from "sorta OCD" to just sort the laundry. I wasn't meaning that any of you were OCD by doing it, I was just using it as a term. Sorry.

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
mcarsel89
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:17 PM

because towels and sheets are washed in hot and everything else in cold.

Quoting PinkParadox:

Why separate towels but not colors...lol. Yes, I do. White, dark & misc.

Ilaynasmommy
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I throw it all in and use cold water and it doesn't bleed or anything. Im allergic to bleach so its not like I can use it on whites.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moogsmom03
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM
I sort it by towels, sheets/blankets, whites, darks, and colors. Reds go in with the darks in my house and sometimes I do a load of just rags, dish towels etc since my dishwasher doesn't work well and I use a lot of dishrags and dish towels.
mom4awesomekids
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I just throw it all in, have never had problems.

PinkParadox
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Just curious...but why?

Quoting mcarsel89:

Quoting PinkParadox:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcarsel89
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:41 PM

What do you mean? I wash towels and sheets in hot to kill germs. Clothes in cold so the colors don't bleed.

Quoting PinkParadox:

Just curious...but why?

Quoting mcarsel89:

Quoting PinkParadox:

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:42 PM

the only time i pay attention to what i put in the washer is when i have to wash new clothes...otherwise i just throw whatever in

som610
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 4 clothes hampers in my house. Towels, colors, whites/grays and jeans. I wash darks twice a week and everything else once a week. Works great! lol I don't think I am OCD about it though.

PinkParadox
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Ahhhh. I wash everything in warm with cold rinse. I figure the clothes we're outside sweating in have just as many germs as our sheets. The dryer kills what the washer doesn't. I separate everything by color, not type...so I just didn't understand :)

Quoting mcarsel89:What do you mean? I wash towels and sheets in hot to kill germs. Clothes in cold so the colors don't bleed.
Quoting PinkParadox:Just curious...but why?

Quoting mcarsel89:because towels and sheets are washed in hot and everything else in cold.
Quoting PinkParadox:Why separate towels but not colors...lol. Yes, I do. White, dark & misc.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
4kidsmommy
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Ohhhh yes, I even separate, the kids, the hubby's and mine. I like them to be done just right. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)