Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Curious how many moms actually sort their laundry

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How many of you do?

Options:

Yep, I sort my laundry.

Just towels and clothes

I just throw it all in!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 252

View Results

I don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

How manI don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

I changed the option from "sorta OCD" to just sort the laundry. I wasn't meaning that any of you were OCD by doing it, I was just using it as a term. Sorry.

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Replies (141-149):
IWantLotsOfKids
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Towel and jeans together, whites, and then everything else. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stargaze281
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM
yes I do sort! It's important!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AuntyEm774
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I sort a little--towels, socks and underwear, and barn clothes get their own loads--colors not such a big deal since we have brown water and nothing stays really white anyway.
MamOfAnAngel
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I sort out my laundry by colour.. Whites with whites, pinks with pinks etc.. Towels and sheets on a separate wash from the clothes also. If i just threw them in all jumbled up i'd have a lot of ruined discolored clothes! That's the only reason why im not lazy when it comes to sorting out my laundry lol
Saharra
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Most of the time I do jeans, lights, darks, pinks, greens. Then bedding. But, depending on my mood, I may just throw it all together. It's really 60/40 for me :)
mamaraylene
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Quoting beadingmom17:

I just throw it all in

zboys
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I didn't vote 'cause sometimes I sort and sometimes I throw it all together.  I do wash my delicate items separately though from the rest.

mhoelzer2988
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I sort my whites and towels and then pants and shirts
Callielove01
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:44 PM

The only person's clothes i wash are my own... and i dont sort anything! We have a front load, and the design really helps with color bleeding. >>if an item worries me, i'll wash it with like colors only once.. or in the bathroom sink until im satisfied. I am a college student with a very demanding family (mom) and im 6 mo pregnant... AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN