Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Curious how many moms actually sort their laundry

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How many of you do?

Options:

Yep, I sort my laundry.

Just towels and clothes

I just throw it all in!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 252

View Results

I don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

How manI don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

I changed the option from "sorta OCD" to just sort the laundry. I wasn't meaning that any of you were OCD by doing it, I was just using it as a term. Sorry.

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Replies (141-149):
IWantLotsOfKids
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Towel and jeans together, whites, and then everything else. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stargaze281
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:32 AM
yes I do sort! It's important!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AuntyEm774
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I sort a little--towels, socks and underwear, and barn clothes get their own loads--colors not such a big deal since we have brown water and nothing stays really white anyway.
MamOfAnAngel
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:38 PM
I sort out my laundry by colour.. Whites with whites, pinks with pinks etc.. Towels and sheets on a separate wash from the clothes also. If i just threw them in all jumbled up i'd have a lot of ruined discolored clothes! That's the only reason why im not lazy when it comes to sorting out my laundry lol
Saharra
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Most of the time I do jeans, lights, darks, pinks, greens. Then bedding. But, depending on my mood, I may just throw it all together. It's really 60/40 for me :)
mamaraylene
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Quoting beadingmom17:

I just throw it all in

zboys
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I didn't vote 'cause sometimes I sort and sometimes I throw it all together.  I do wash my delicate items separately though from the rest.

mhoelzer2988
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I sort my whites and towels and then pants and shirts
Callielove01
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 11:44 PM

The only person's clothes i wash are my own... and i dont sort anything! We have a front load, and the design really helps with color bleeding. >>if an item worries me, i'll wash it with like colors only once.. or in the bathroom sink until im satisfied. I am a college student with a very demanding family (mom) and im 6 mo pregnant... AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN