Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Curious how many moms actually sort their laundry

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How many of you do?

Options:

Yep, I sort my laundry.

Just towels and clothes

I just throw it all in!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 252

View Results

I don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

How manI don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

I changed the option from "sorta OCD" to just sort the laundry. I wasn't meaning that any of you were OCD by doing it, I was just using it as a term. Sorry.

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I only separate by whose is whose.

The girls and I use 'free' detergent and DH uses tide.

mama_of_tw0
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Oh yeah I seperate the dark, lights and whites. I accidentally washed a white dress shirt of mine with my husbands acu's and that shirt was such a dengy color afterwards. And I only wore it once :( I was so mad lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:28 PM
We have a laundry sorter, so clothes are sorted by dark, lights, and white. I wash towels twice a week and bed linens once a week. Sheets/pillow cases are washed separate from bed cover and the comforter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lydlou02
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:32 PM
I've begun sorting out fitted sheets. They are only washed with bedding so a sock or something doesn't get tangled up in the corner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funny_girl3
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Not only do I sort, I wash each individual person's clothes separately.  It started in the early days of my marriage when my husband worked as a plumber.  There was no way I was going to wash his poopy clothes in the same load that our baby's clothes were in.  Also, my son and I have skin allergies and I have to use special detergent for us.  I use cheaper detergent for my husband and daughter.  Anyway, over the last 10 years of marriage I've just gotten a little ocd about laundry.  Just had surgery and my mom came over to do the laundry for me and SHE PUT EVERYTHING IN ONE LOAD TOGETHER!  Kitchen towels and pillowcases in the same load with my son's jeans and my husband's clothes and even some of my daughter's stuff in there.  I swear I got a little lightheaded when I saw that. 

Moe1521
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM
I sort my laundry. Towels, DH's uniforms, DD's clothes, then mine and DH's clothes. But I don't separate darks, whites, lights, etc. I would never have a full load that way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shoot4thestars
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I don't sort anything, except for initmates.  I never had a problem and my clothes still look good.  I have clothes from years ago that still look great, so I don't see the bother.  Its gets done, that's all that matters to me.

rockinmomto2
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I sort whites from everything else, but that's it. I have the laundry of 5 people to do and I don't have the time for sorting lights, darks, colors, reds, whites, towels, and bedsheets.

stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM

My boyfriend sorts his colors and whites, I don't sort mine but I barely have any whites, though sometimes I throw my lighter colored stuff with his whites. I do however seperate our 11 months old clothes and cloth diapers from the rest of the clothes. Her stuff still gets washed with baby detergant. Sometimes I put both kids clothes together with the cloth diapers, or just their clothes together. Sometimes the 5 year old gets hers thrown in with ours. It really depends, the only thing I really worry about is keeping baby clothes and cloth diapers washed with baby detergant (that is safe for cloth diapers). We don't use the cloth diapers all the time though.

LucyHarper
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I don't, all of our clothes have been washed so many times that it really doesn't matter. If we buy a new red shirt or something, we will make sure that there aren't any light colors in that load for the first few washes, otherwise we throw it all in together. We sort by person rather then color.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured