Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Curious how many moms actually sort their laundry

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How many of you do?

Options:

Yep, I sort my laundry.

Just towels and clothes

I just throw it all in!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 252

View Results

I don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

How manI don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

I changed the option from "sorta OCD" to just sort the laundry. I wasn't meaning that any of you were OCD by doing it, I was just using it as a term. Sorry.

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
brittany208
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I do sort when I have enough for two loads. But if I dont have enough whites for a seperate load, I just throw them all in together. There are some things that can't be washed together (like a white work shirt and black work pants), but most of our clothes are cotton and have been washed about a million times, so I'm not worried about colors running.

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Each person's laundry gets washed separately. Makes it easier to put away. I made some homemade color catchers so no bleeding colors
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM
I sort by kid, unless there is seething like a new red item or something with specific wash instructions.
momofsunshine77
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I just separate colors from whites. I have a basket for each in the laundry room and when they are full I do a load. i don't have baskets in bedrooms and I dont go through dirty laundry to sort. It is already sorted.
GagaNTattooS
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Whites
Dark
Towels
And
Other
SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I don't sort kid clothes, I do sort mine though
k9l1c5
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I normally separate towels and clothes but I guess about 50% of the time I just throw it all in. If I didn't have to hang dry everything I might have more time to sort the clothes by colors.
BlessedMom458
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Yes, I separate my clothes. I separate my dark, lights and whites. I also do boys clothes together, girl clothes together and then towels and linens together. Whites and lights stay brighter IMO.
Amberleigh81
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I would have fainted! :)

I do the same thing. Everyone's clothes are separate, then sorted (except my husband's, since he does his own...).

I also cloth diaper, so I have special diaper laundry procedures... :)

Quoting funny_girl3:

Not only do I sort, I wash each individual person's clothes separately.  It started in the early days of my marriage when my husband worked as a plumber.  There was no way I was going to wash his poopy clothes in the same load that our baby's clothes were in.  Also, my son and I have skin allergies and I have to use special detergent for us.  I use cheaper detergent for my husband and daughter.  Anyway, over the last 10 years of marriage I've just gotten a little ocd about laundry.  Just had surgery and my mom came over to do the laundry for me and SHE PUT EVERYTHING IN ONE LOAD TOGETHER!  Kitchen towels and pillowcases in the same load with my son's jeans and my husband's clothes and even some of my daughter's stuff in there.  I swear I got a little lightheaded when I saw that. 

MJP76
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Yes 

darks

lights 

towels

bed linen

Delicates (wash only hang dry)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN