Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Curious how many moms actually sort their laundry

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How many of you do?

Options:

Yep, I sort my laundry.

Just towels and clothes

I just throw it all in!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 252

View Results

I don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

How manI don't sort my colors. I do sort my towels from the clothes though. I just throw all the clothes in one wash. We buy go through clothes before the colors wear out. Also, where I live was voted the worst dressed city in America, so I don't have a lot of competition to have pristine atire.

I was talking to someone else and she looked at me like I had a third eye when I said I didn't sort my colors.

I changed the option from "sorta OCD" to just sort the laundry. I wasn't meaning that any of you were OCD by doing it, I was just using it as a term. Sorry.

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Replies (41-50):
funny_girl3
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol!  Nice to meet you, my internet twin.  I also have certain procedures I follow for all the laundry.  I know my mom was just trying to help out but GAH!

Quoting Amberleigh81:

I would have fainted! :)

I do the same thing. Everyone's clothes are separate, then sorted (except my husband's, since he does his own...).

I also cloth diaper, so I have special diaper laundry procedures... :)

Quoting funny_girl3:

Not only do I sort, I wash each individual person's clothes separately.  It started in the early days of my marriage when my husband worked as a plumber.  There was no way I was going to wash his poopy clothes in the same load that our baby's clothes were in.  Also, my son and I have skin allergies and I have to use special detergent for us.  I use cheaper detergent for my husband and daughter.  Anyway, over the last 10 years of marriage I've just gotten a little ocd about laundry.  Just had surgery and my mom came over to do the laundry for me and SHE PUT EVERYTHING IN ONE LOAD TOGETHER!  Kitchen towels and pillowcases in the same load with my son's jeans and my husband's clothes and even some of my daughter's stuff in there.  I swear I got a little lightheaded when I saw that. 

Amberleigh81
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM
My mom watches my son for me sometimes and tries to "help" with laundry or dishes... I have to spend double the time fixing it to be "my" way!

I've always wanted a twin! Can we have a secret twin language? :)

Quoting funny_girl3:

Lol!  Nice to meet you, my internet twin.  I also have certain procedures I follow for all the laundry.  I know my mom was just trying to help out but GAH!

Quoting Amberleigh81:

I do the same thing. Everyone's clothes are separate, then sorted (except my husband's, since he does his own...).

Quoting funny_girl3:

Not only do I sort, I wash each individual person's clothes separately.  It started in the early days of my marriage when my husband worked as a plumber.  There was no way I was going to wash his poopy clothes in the same load that our baby's clothes were in.  Also, my son and I have skin allergies and I have to use special detergent for us.  I use cheaper detergent for my husband and daughter.  Anyway, over the last 10 years of marriage I've just gotten a little ocd about laundry.  Just had surgery and my mom came over to do the laundry for me and SHE PUT EVERYTHING IN ONE LOAD TOGETHER!  Kitchen towels and pillowcases in the same load with my son's jeans and my husband's clothes and even some of my daughter's stuff in there.  I swear I got a little lightheaded when I saw that. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funny_girl3
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

blee boop tee ha (that means "yep")

I would have rewashed the laundry, but I'm really too sore to carry baskets up and down the steps and if I asked my husband to put clean laundry back into the washing machine I'm afraid he might have me committed.  That load of laundry has been put away but I can still feel it's presence, like I'm haunted.  : )

Quoting Amberleigh81:

My mom watches my son for me sometimes and tries to "help" with laundry or dishes... I have to spend double the time fixing it to be "my" way!

I've always wanted a twin! Can we have a secret twin language? :)

Quoting funny_girl3:

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Quoting funny_girl3:

Zazayam
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:02 AM

The only thing I seperate are hubby's work clothes, because they're beyond disgusting sometimes.

Other then that it usually gets thrown all in, sometimes I do a towel only load but not always...

lidibolton
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:56 AM

lol growing up my mom was obsessed with sorting laundry..i still can picture the piles in the hallway. Whites, colors, white towels, colored towels, and jeans. i hardly own any whites and when i first buy towels i wash them alone, but then after that i wash them all together. i dont care they all come out clean so why waste my time :P

oddfox
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:17 AM

I sort by darks, mediums and whites. I bleach my whites.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I sort them when it's new clothing. 

After that I sort like this:

I put our son's and towels and that ki nd of thing together. 

hubby's goes in his own 

then mine and more towels and stuff.

CafeMom Tickers
mistykilo
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:22 AM

I hate doing the laundry! That's all I've got to say about that :-)

spunky946
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM
I separate everything out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
saphiraka
by Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I sort my towels out.  And then it goes by person.. Each kid has her own laundry basket and own day to have her clothes washed.. Wed is youngest dd, thurs is oldest dd, friday all the beds get stripped...  towels i wind up doing twice a week and mine and hubbys clothes I usually do on Saturday..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN