Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Met new man im falling for dont know what to do

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm a single mom of a 7mnth old.. Me and my x (baby daddy) have been split for 6 months now... Ive resently started seeing this new guy who im starting to fall for.. We agreed to take it slow to get to know each other he just resently got out of a long relationship as well ands now wanting to get his heart broke again... Anyways.. We've been seeing each other for bout a month now and hes great my family loves him.. He had no problem with my son and hes so sweet and amazing... It scares me I'm falling for him I don't know what to do cause I don't wana get hurt eather.... He tells me he likes me can see us being together but just wants to take it slow.. I was fine with it at first now I want more I really like him an d I guess I'm scared hell slip away... Someone please tell me what I should do.. sorry its so long
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
SAMI_JO
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM

You will know if he really is the one for you. Listen to your head, not your heart, because the heart always wants love, even if it is from the wrong one. But he sounds nice.

paganmommy4
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:09 AM

just let things run its course without expectations

newlife2013
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:40 AM
As a single mom you met someone who is great but they all are at the beginning, slow it down for me would mean don't envision him in your life forever just yet, I think you said you're both financially secure if you have another baby, it would just be more realistic to look forward to the next day together not life changing events with someone you just met, good luck to you.
Sewsofun
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I am the first woman my husband dated after getting a divorce and we have been happily married for 6 years.  That being said, if he has made it very clear that he wants to take it slow you either need to control your feelings and feel stifled or, tell him how you really feel.  If all his behavior indicates that he is committed but not serious then just give him time .. if he seems a little flaky, and unrealistic about the demands of taking care of a newborn and what it would mean for him to take on the role of "stepfather" then I would distance yourself. You're in a vulnerable place, and you really like him now, everything is good and you'er in a very family oriented "place" in your life, for yourself, you shuld probably slow down just to be sure this is what you want.  You're still in the honeymoon stages of your relationship.  You also might be projecting how you want this to be, because you want a steady partner at home with you.  Not that single parents NEED that but I bet a lot of them would say "it sure would be nice to have an extra set of hands around here."  Take care of you, and your son.  And nurture your relationship but just relax!

SnapIt
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol
I was thinking the same

But taking it slow does "not" mean stop having sex to me.
It means dont get all wrapped up in this one person just yet
Dont limit yourself or dont make it exclusive at the moment.

You can have sex, but you dont have to give in everytime.
If you have sex with him or not and he isnt really into you, he will still walk away.
We arent kids
Just protect yourself, thats more important

Quoting Jcothrine:STOP YELLING! STOP BEING SO JUDGMENTAL!okay..i'm done here....

Quoting sabrtooth1:Taking it slow means STOP HAVING SEX.  Stop having sex with a man you met a MONTH ago.  Stop having sex while your INFANT is in the next room.  Stop having sex before you get pregnant AGAIN.  Stop until you have an education, and a job that makes enough money to support yourself AND a child.  Stop until your child is old enough to be with a babysitter, so you are NOT "taking your son with you everywhere".  Stop having sex with him, or ANY man you meet, until you know for SURE that he's not there just because you WILL have sex with him.  Which will take longer than a week.  Or a month.
SnapIt
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Thats a question for a single guy, not a man who is married

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I just texted him and awaiting an answer. Where did you meet this guy?

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I guess whatever works for you. I know anything can happen.

I'd be wary of a dude that was hot on a chick with some other dude's spawn dresh out the vag though. I'll ask my dh if he would like that...

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:34 AM
If he wanted to take it slow he wouldn't have ask you for sex so fast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Take it slow.

If you push him for more than he is ready to give you, then you might just push him away from you.  

Be happy with how it is right now and trust that no matter what happens that it happens the way it is supposed to happen.

CafeMom Tickers
kbeeck
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Do take it slow or you might end up scaring him off and then you won't have to worry about it. You both are going through adjustment period, so relax. Why rush it. If it's meant to be, it will be no matter how slow you go. Good relationships take time, take that time to get to know each other well. Become best friends, they make the best marriages.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Lmao because married men were NEVER single. Smh.

Quoting SnapIt:

Thats a question for a single guy, not a man who is married

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I just texted him and awaiting an answer. Where did you meet this guy?

Quoting AM-BRAT:

I guess whatever works for you. I know anything can happen.

I'd be wary of a dude that was hot on a chick with some other dude's spawn dresh out the vag though. I'll ask my dh if he would like that...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN