Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Constant crying baby

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 14 Replies

My lovely, beautiful wonderful little eight month old girl won't stop yelling and crying! I am a stay at home so we are together all of the time. And she wants my attention ALL OF THE TIME. If i am not giving her my full attention she yells. I feel like my head is going to explode. Please, if anyone has any helpful advice that would be so great.

~stacey

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MysticIceWater
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:32 PM
2 moms liked this

DS went through this, I ignored him at times, I know harsh, but now hes 16 months old and independent as a 16 month old can be lol. Dont ignore her all the time, just sometimes, so that way she will get it, that shes not going to have your attention 100% of the time 

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
It's called seperation anxiety. Totally normal. Baby wear her to get things done. They are only little for so long.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kristy32907
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm going through the same thing with my 8 month old. Its making me nuts!! The best thing to do is get her out to go for a walk, get in the car and go for a drive if she will stay quiet in the car. Even if you can just go sit outside. babies get tired of being in the house all the time too. I'm sure they get just as tired of you as you do of them. Just change things up a bit. More thank likely she is bored and they go through this strange attachment thing at this age. Sometimes you do have to just put them in their crib and let them cry themsleves to sleep at nap time. If you feel like your going to lose it, place her in her crib with a toy and go to another room where you cant hear her or step on the porch for a few minutes and take some deep breaths. You need those moments sometimes to just collect yourself. 

LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with this. It's a phase that will pass, in the meantime you should consider baby wearing. 

Quoting Mom2Just1:

It's called seperation anxiety. Totally normal. Baby wear her to get things done. They are only little for so long.

jae414
by Emerald Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm dealing with the same thing with my 8 mo. Hugs dear! I wish I could offer advice, but I haven't figured it out myself. Lol
katye43
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:29 AM

My daughter had a child who cried a lot;  The doctor said to take a baby blanket and swaddle it tightly around the baby while rocking her.  She would fall asleep and she left the blanket around her when she laid her down.  The other problem may be scheduling.  You may not be giving her your FULL attention when you are with  her so that she  is never satisfied.  If you need to clean house or work from home, "This is mommy's work tiime and I need you to play alone for now.  Not for over an hour or two at a time.  Put her in a playpen near the tv and put on some melodic music and give her toys to play with.  She may scream a couple of times but ignore it as long as she is safe, fed and dry.  It worked for my daughter.  But her daughter was always first and then her work. they had an hour of play time, an hour of work, an hour of play, etc.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Yes, I've been there with my own DD, lol. I would have to baby wear her while cleaning toilets and doing dishes, lol

HRSA_IC
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:44 AM

So sorry to hear this. My first child was kind of this way.  She never slept and if I left her alone in a room for a minute she was crying and carrying on.  When we put her in daycare at 6 months she was that way also and they advised just incrementally leaving her by herself.: put her down in her crib and stay near her and see how she does.  Then leave. You may have to ignore her little bit but it is important for her to be able to be by herself . Taslk to your pediatrician see if he/she has any suggestions.

kali_mom
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I've been there too and it can seem overwhelming and I'm sure frustrating. If you can put her in a wrap or sling it will calm her down. My now 11 month old went through the same thing and I kept reassuring her and each time I would walk away I would tell her where I was going and that I would be right back. I would be gone 15-30 seconds and gradually lengthen the time I was around the corner or in the kitchen. I do hope it gets better for you
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM

This!

I wear my babies, makes life so much easier! You're going to miss this time with her, pretty soon she isn't going to want you around all the time and will be too busy for you.

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured