Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Walker or Jumperoo?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM
  • 34 Replies
My son is about 5 months old now and he seems to be very interested on walking. He always want to stand up on our carpet to the point that he slips down by intention when I'm holding him while I sit on our couch. Since we live on an appartment we do not have much space for the regular jumperoo that sits on the floor instead I'm considering buying the one that hangs on the door. But I'm hesitant it doesn't look safe for me, so I'm thinking maybe get a walker instead but his peditrician said it's not safe eigther, any advice for me mom's?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:46 AM
The door hangers aren't very bouncy.... And Walkers are as big as stationary jumpers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tinkerspell
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:49 AM

also I have heard that it makes them lazy wont walk on their own thats what my sons therapist says anyway tem jumper all the way !!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:37 AM

We used a walker with no issues.  Walkers can be dangerous if you have stairs they can fall down.   My mom had a doorway jumperoo as well that dd did not mind when we visited out there when she was small.  There are stationary walkers that do not move except when the baby jumps up and down.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Something like this we had Evenflo - ExerSaucer Activity Center, Mega Splash

katemckenzie
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Jumperoo.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Unless you have hard wood floors a walker is pointless ... and it takes just as much space as a jumper.

My son loved his jumperoo and it was a horse that made noise. I got one for dd and she hated it refused to be in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CMcLaws
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:46 AM
We had it all. The door bouncer was used about three times, the jumperoo she grew tired of quickly. Her walker was her best friend! But like pp said, we had wooden floors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda80111
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:38 AM

my son all three but i liked the walker that he jump in bouced in then the wheeled one cuz he would run over my feet ouch in that hurt alot

Raeann11
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Neither are safe.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Jumperoo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)