Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is about 5 months old now and he seems to be very interested on walking. He always want to stand up on our carpet to the point that he slips down by intention when I'm holding him while I sit on our couch. Since we live on an appartment we do not have much space for the regular jumperoo that sits on the floor instead I'm considering buying the one that hangs on the door. But I'm hesitant it doesn't look safe for me, so I'm thinking maybe get a walker instead but his peditrician said it's not safe eigther, any advice for me mom's?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Replies (21-30):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

We had both. We liked them both for different reasons. As long as you're attentive and proactive, either is great.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM
2 moms liked this

This exactly .  We used both with all 4 kids.  No issues, no late walking no problems whatsoever.  As a matter of fact with the first 3 kids that was before they made the walkers with all the safety features they have now.  With our youngest we had wood floors and man what a blast she had.  We would take turns chasing each other and she loved she could follow me around on her own.  I put the jumperoo in front of the window and she would jump fo so long she would fall asleep in it.  They are not dangerous a parent thinking they can put there child in something...on something...leave a small baby unattented THAT is the real problem.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Welcome!

We had both. We liked them both for different reasons. As long as you're attentive and proactive, either is great.

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Walkers are dangerous if the child is not closely supervised. I don't even think they are sold anymore.

The play saucers can be good fun for babies.

So can jumpers that you put in a door threshold but you must make sure it's attached properly and safely.

Marimaru
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM

We go jumperoo.  I've heard walkers can actually slow walking progress because they get used to being supported on all sides.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Oh ya the saucers are great too!
Zazayam
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I have both and love them both. The door one is a lot sturdier then they look, and the doctor's problem with it is probably hip development. Just means don't leave him in it for long stretches of time and it's ok.

Donnah118
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM

jumperoo

CatFishMom
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM

If you dont have room for a jumper, I dont see how you would have room for a walker. He'll just go a foot and slam into some piece of furniture. That said, I had an exersaucer and a jumper for mine-never a walker-and the first walked at nine months while the second started 'walking' with us holding him at, like, five months. I couldnt believe it. He didnt take solo steps until he was nine months and even then he chose not to, prefering to crawl until just before his first birthday. The babies Ive seen in walkers (and I'll get a thousand people who will tell me stories exactly the opposite, this is MY personal experience and opinion formed based on research showing walkers are not great for babies) have walked well past their first birthdays. I won't use one, but beyond that, they love the jumpers. The door hanging ones are safe as long as the framework on your door frame is sturdy. If not, theyre not.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:29 PM

i had both for my daughter, she loves them both. she spent more time in the exersaucer...but i think she had more fun cuz she could jump higher and bounce more in the one in the doorway. 

stargaze281
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:29 AM
jumperoo
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured