Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potty training

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 5 Replies
When did your child/children potty train? How long did it take? What method did you use?

Our 26 month is showing signs of readiness I think. He can pull his pants up and down (diaper too.) He "tells" us when he poops. He likes to flush the toilet etc.

I put his potty chair in the bathroom today, and got him to sit on it for a few minutes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds as though you are doing the right kind of thing. Encouraging him when he seems ready. Mine were 3 before they were trained. It only took a couple days, but they were dry at night.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine first was 3 and took a week to complete the process. We waited until he was ready and told us.
IntactivistMama
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this
DS went pee on the potty!!!! :)

He got to use a sticker and I praised him.

I also put the potty in front of the tv and put on the special elmo potty training dvd. :)
LuLuRex
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM

That's awesome!!

Quoting IntactivistMama:

DS went pee on the potty!!!! :)

He got to use a sticker and I praised him.

I also put the potty in front of the tv and put on the special elmo potty training dvd. :)

Zazayam
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:01 PM

They were both right around two, and no real method it was pretty easy actually. I think I got lucky.

When we moved them to standing up to pee we used the "sink the cheerios" method, lol. We also used buckets and jars to perfect aim, which sounds pretty weird but for a while there we had a lot of misses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured