Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stomach pain & diarrhea

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hi Ladies!

My 4yo has been having diarrhea since Tuesday, but yesterday he started complaining of pain. It seems to be getting worse with the pain & now I hear the gurgling. Any suggestions on what to do or give him? Oh & of course he has no appetite.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Oh poor baby. Pedialyte, diluted maybe, or gingerale over lots of ice (not diet) just a sip. My doctor says let it run its course for 3 days, but for a little guy I'd call the pediatrician and ask. The pain may just be another symptom of the diarrhea, but it might be a good idea to have a doctor press on his tummy to make sure it isn't appendix, for example. Good luck. I wonder if you'd let us know how he is doing?

mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Hey Bmat, thanks for responding. I'm going to follow your advice & take him in. I don't want to give him anything that could make it worse or cause him problems. I'll update.
Quoting Bmat:

Oh poor baby. Pedialyte, diluted maybe, or gingerale over lots of ice (not diet) just a sip. My doctor says let it run its course for 3 days, but for a little guy I'd call the pediatrician and ask. The pain may just be another symptom of the diarrhea, but it might be a good idea to have a doctor press on his tummy to make sure it isn't appendix, for example. Good luck. I wonder if you'd let us know how he is doing?

-PB
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I know you said he has no appetite but if he does get hungry do the BRAT diet.  Bananas, rice, apples, toast.  Its doesn't have to be those things specifically, just bland foods.  Bananas are great though because they constipate.

mommy2cristian
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Okay. Just got back. The dr. said his stomach feels fine & she can hear the gurgling so she thinks it's just a virus, nothing serious. She told us if it doesn't go away by Tuesday then to bring him back or of there's blood of course. She also prescribed Culturelle to see if that helps. He's at my mom's right now & she's going to try some rice. When he gets home I'm going to try some other foods & see if he'll eat it. I don't want him to get dehydrated, but he's very stubborn. :)
childofGod995
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:04 PM

try taking him in to the clinic and see what they can give him . sounds like the flu .

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Stomach bug
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured