Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sister in law frustation vent**

Posted by   + Show Post

I feel a little bit mad about this and it makes me uncomfortable! The thing is that every time a big party is coming that my husband family is invited we have to watch our nephew, ( i like that he spends time with us but it always happens that a day before the party she asks us to watch him for the night and by the next day of the party here i am trying to get ready and waiting for his clothes o waiting for them to pick him up!) and it never fails she always sends her 4 kids with someone a day before the parties ( what for i don't know) but anyways, what it makes me loose it is that my kids were sick 4 days with really bad fever and a tonsillitis and i haven't had no rest it all! and they finally seem to feel better and i have to watch our nephew for the night and the next day we are going to a wedding, and there was another time that my kids were sick for a week and she send the kid over and he had a cough and mine were just getting better and after that they caught the cough!

I would like to straight up say! " you know what, i cant watch him" but i feel really bad because then she gets all hurt and doesn't let him come over or she stops talking to us for a while and tell our nephew we don't want him and stuff like that! I really don't know what to do! does anyone goes through something like this or had to put up with that before ?

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Replies (21-21):
cstargarner
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Quoting Mama_Pollito:

she'll never watch my kids or my other nephews, 3 days before i watched her son, my other nephew ask if could spend the night with his cousins and she said " no! i'm too tired" and she doesnt not watch my kids or my other sister in la kids it all.

Quoting cstargarner:

Yeah, that's not ok.  It's ok to say no, just don't say it rudely.  Babysitting isn't a right, it's a priveledge and if you ask too often or assume ppl will help, you'll run out of babysitters.  She needs to grow up and find a neighborhood sitter or something instead of assuming you'll always do it.  Does she watch your kids?  If so, then maybe trade off so it's not like you get the short end of the stick.  But if you don't want her watching your kids  (I understand bc i'm the same way with my son vs my nieces and nephew) then just say yes when you want to and no otherwise.  You didn't have the kids so it's not your responsibility to make sure she gets to go party.

then say the same thing.. If you wouldn't mind her watching your kids then throw that in there, if she was willing to trade days you could prob handle it.  :)  Make her realize other ppl would like to have alone time too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured